Video of Juwan Howard and Mark Turgeon having to be separated on the court, Howard then ejected

what an idiot. Curious what the full story is.

Edit: Just read up on it. Sounds like Juwan stepped out of the coaches box to complain about a call, Turgeon pointed it out to the refs, Juwan lost it. Juwan defends himself in post game comments claiming Turgeon "charged" at him, and Juwan is from Chicago, so it was okay for him to act that way.

Last edited:

Saw this last night. Howard is going to be taking in Thugs on his basketball team as that is his demeanor based on his performance.

Turgeon is an asshole.
The day before, Izzo was complaining about Turgeon and his boys.
Howard did say his reaction to Turgeon was wrong and he should not have reacted as he did. Howard explained the trigger, which lead to his inappropriate response. He apologized for his behavior to his players and to the media. He did not apologize to Turgeon and I agree with Howard. Turgeon is an asshole.

WTF kind of comment is this right here. Wow.
Thugs might like his kind of reaction that was presented on the floor yesterday. Recruits who don't have their head on straight may be drawn to him.

When you look over and it's Juwan Howard standing there and you still want to trade hands, have at it. Me? I use my 4.4 speed to get out of there.

Bonus info, he seemed very well spoken after the game.

Turgeon sounds like the kind of kid who always ratted other kids out to the teacher. "Hey, Bobby took 2 milks at milk break..."

If a coach is out of the coaching box, that's up to the referees to enforce. Instead, Turgeon decides to play Eddie Haskell.
Watch any game and I am fairly certain you will see both coaches out of the box at some point in time while the game is going on. Refs usually just tell them to get back.
The rule really is a recommendation as you don't see them getting T'd up for that unless they touch the ball or a player on the court.
If they want to enforce it, do like they do in football. First time stop the game and issue a sideline warning, second time T them up.
What is so stupid about it is every coach has a loud voice. Does the extra 2 - 5 ft. they step out onto the floor to call a play or something really help with communicating that to the players on the floor? Maybe with a mask on it is a little bit more difficult, but they pull it down when shouting things and it happens every year.
Really wish the Asst. for Mich. would have let Howard go so that he could go right up to and tower over Turgeon. Guessing the punk that Turgeon is he would have pissed himself in fear of what Howard could do!

If Richard Pitino did this it would not be interesting because he would like a little kid throwing a conniption fit. I could easily see Izzo, Fran, Bo Ryan doing the same thing. This gets more attention because its a big black guy. Either way Turgeon is being very savvy but annoying and Juwan deserved to get ejected.

If Richard Pitino did this it would not be interesting because he would like a little kid throwing a conniption fit. I could easily see Izzo, Fran, Bo Ryan doing the same thing. This gets more attention because its a big black guy. Either way Turgeon is being very savvy but annoying and Juwan deserved to get ejected.

I've never really seen a coach come across like they wanted to fight another coach since maybe Calipari and Chaney. That had a different feel because it was a young smallish guy and an older guy. I think the perception all depends upon the stature of the two sides. I don't think it's any different with coaches than in the real world. If you're a large guy who could wipe the floor with the guy you're charging, you look like a bully or a thug. If you are a smaller/older man, you look fiery. It's just life.

Top Bottom