Video of Freshman orientation at TCF

gophermartin

Reaction score
This beats the socks off of "We are Minnesota" that Brewster and MACturi tried. Norwood is the man.

Martin G.

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Put it up in a video so that those of us who are tech stupid can see?

Thank you.

[video]http://yfrog.com/3u3y4vkaoompybkkylsfflpaz[/video]

This beats the socks off of "We are Minnesota" that Brewster and MACturi tried. Norwood is the man.

Martin G.

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So you gathered that by watching a rotated 12 seconds clip of the students clapping in unison?

Haven't they done something like this every year since the stadium was built? I've seen past photos of them filing all the freshmen into the stadium and doing a photo on the field and then some cheers and stuff in the stands.

The freshman orietation, takes me way, way back to my high school. It was not orientation, but a class we had to takefreshaman year. It covered school history, athletic accomplishments, school song, what saturday means, a form to fill out for student activities, a calendar of events. And guest speakers tlike he Athletic Director, Head Football Coach, Head Basketball Coach, the Coach of The Cheerleaders, and my favorite the Varsity Cheerleaders. When I saw them come into the rooom, I new I wanted to play for the school.

So you gathered that by watching a rotated 12 seconds clip of the students clapping in unison?

Hey! It takes a little time to learn how to use the use the new high definition camera the athletic department bought for all those clips we enjoy.

If even 1/4 of these freshmen showed up for a football game, our student section wouldn't look so haggard.

BTW, since everyone has shown up for classes, any report on the student ticket sales?

I'll run over to the Strib site, I'm sure they have it updated.

very cool. Students attending games, and attendance in general, may be more important than recruiting for us right now. I would put it 2nd on the list of things we need in order to make strides as a program.

#1. Win
#2. Get people in the stands
#3. Recruit better athletes

those three are a domino effect too, and a cycle. If we get the wins, we get more people in the bank, if we get more wins, and more people in the bank, we get better recruits...better recruiting leads back to #1.

Students attending games, and attendance in general, may be more important than recruiting for us right now.

No single thing in college football is more important than recruiting. Ever.

No single thing in college football is more important than recruiting. Ever.

I think you are close, dpo, but I still think the quality and ability of the coaching staff is just as important. To me, there is no single thing.

I think you are close, dpo, but I still think the quality and ability of the coaching staff is just as important. To me, there is no single thing.

You can have the best coaching staff in the world, and if they don't have quality players to coach, it doesn't matter how good they are.

You can have the best coaching staff in the world, and if they don't have quality players to coach, it doesn't matter how good they are.

But the most talented team ever assembled would fail miserably if they were coached by me.

MrC said:
But the most talented team ever assembled would fail miserably if they were coached by me.

Okay, da 86 Bears coached by MrC versus the worst Northwestern team ever coached by Ditka...da Bears.

I'm not saying coaching isn't important, but the players are far more so. Coaching is the difference between teams of roughly similar talent. If the teams are vastly different in talent, the coaching doesn't matter. If the teams are vastly different in coaching ability, the talent still does matter.

I'm not saying coaching isn't important, but the players are far more so. Coaching is the difference between teams of roughly similar talent. If the teams are vastly different in talent, the coaching doesn't matter. If the teams are vastly different in coaching ability, the talent still does matter.

Point well taken, and I should have stuck a ;) at the end of mine!

Top Bottom