Video of Fleck Press Conference - "Falls on me 100%. We got beat tonight period. They beat us, period. Every aspect of the game."

What does it even mean to "take responsibility" or that "it falls on me"?

Year 7. $400,000 per game. Bottom-dwelling recruiting classes. Something needs to change.
Agree on the first sentence, why even say it? 2nd paragraph is not entirely true In regards to recruiting. They definitely need a change in this old school, can’t pass at all offense.

Indeed. What does it mean? If it doesn't lead to any kind of meaningful effort, reflection, or changes, then it's just words. More bullshit.

Year 7. $400,000 per game. Bottom-dwelling recruiting classes. Something needs to change.
Pretty straightforward isn’t it? Ya’ll complain when he mentions NIL or anything else and call it an excuse and now you complain if he takes all the blame?

Yawn. Excuses mean nothing. Wins mean everything.

Boilerplate BS. Fleck speaks like he coaches. Conservative....play not to lose (except for when he designs a gameplan that has no chance of possibly winning).

It's why....despite the issues....I admired Leach. He'd never sugarcoat garbage and treat an entire fanbase like total idiots who don't know how the game works.

Bottom dwelling boosters for Gopher football. Bottom dwelling NLI money.

Taking responsibility without doing anything to prevent it from happening again doesn't really do much good. I get that he's not going to lay out a plan at a press conference but considering we saw him take responsibility for a horrible loss 2 weeks ago, it's clear that not much changed.

Beat Iowa and these two losses will be much easier to forget. Even a close loss with most of the mistakes from today fixed would be a good sign of progress. If it's another ugly loss, taking responsibility won't make it any better.

PJ is back to year zero - has he lost this team? That was a bad football team out there tonight and when you take into consideration the Northwestern debacle there is yet again another dumpster fire in Dinkytown - Now they go to Iowa City with this shit show? Oh boy

PJ is back to year zero - has he lost this team? That was a bad football team out there tonight and when you take into consideration the Northwestern debacle there is yet again another dumpster fire in Dinkytown - Now they go to Iowa City with this shit show? Oh boy
I can only say that Brevyn Spann-Ford has seemingly regressed. I don't know if that's on Ford or on his coaches, but the man is a non-existent entity in a ballgame.

He just bugs me.

Just say we didn’t play well. We tried, Michigan was a lot better than us. I need to coach better, hire better assistants, play the best players and recruit better. RTBSUMGG.

Boom - it’s not hard.

Quite the contrast press conference after listening to Deon Sanders press conference after win over ASI

I can only say that Brevyn Spann-Ford has seemingly regressed. I don't know if that's on Ford or on his coaches, but the man is a non-existent entity in a ballgame.
Strangest part of this season, isn't it?! He may as well be up in the press box. What in the world...

They have him in blocking on just about every play. They barely pass. They run a basic high school offense.

Bottom dwelling boosters for Gopher football. Bottom dwelling NLI money.
Totally correct. The nil is going to kill the small college football programs. They will just be farm teams for the big money programs. It’s really sad that they didn’t take a little more time to work out the nil. If you have a monster donor you can just buy a team. There are billionaires that are alumni for different teams. If they decide to spend some big boy money they are going to be winning a lot. I think it’s just that simple.

he keeps saying "falls on me" and other bullsh@#*, but never changes!

If it falls on him then Fleck needs to self scout everything. The coaching, drills, play calling all of it. This team needs to find a way to put the players in a position to execute and make plays. There isn't a lot you can take away from Michigan game other than they called a great game, have good players and made the Gophers look foolish. Yes we have inexperienced and red shirt freshman and there is no substitute for game experience. It's obvious but find what the key players do well and use it. That and be a little less predictable. Have to change up some tendancies. Can we run a fly sweep or screen pass, can we execute the RPO. Can we play less rotations on defense with fewer subs?

He just bugs me.

Just say we didn’t play well. We tried, Michigan was a lot better than us. I need to coach better, hire better assistants, play the best players and recruit better. RTBSUMGG.

Boom - it’s not hard.
I recall seeing him wide open, deep and behind the secondary, late in the game. Result? Overthrown pass. Wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it might have loosened things up a bit.

If it falls on him then Fleck needs to self scout everything. The coaching, drills, play calling all of it. This team needs to find a way to put the players in a position to execute and make plays. There isn't a lot you can take away from Michigan game other than they called a great game, have good players and made the Gophers look foolish. Yes we have inexperienced and red shirt freshman and there is no substitute for game experience. It's obvious but find what the key players do well and use it. That and be a little less predictable. Have to change up some tendancies. Can we run a fly sweep or screen pass, can we execute the RPO. Can we play less rotations on defense with fewer subs?
He, and coach Ciarrocca, used to talk about doing this.

That's who he is. He's not going to overreact in the post-game having not seen the film. They got whooped.

He's not wrong when he says they are thin and need to get healthy.

If Northwestern hadn't happed, I'm not sure we would be so over the top with the reactions. UNC and MICH are really good.

Hard to change much if the changes all include injured or younger players.

1. What does it even mean to "take responsibility" or that "it falls on me"?

The first sentence above is correct. The HC has chosen his defensive and offensive staff. The HC and staff are supposed to come up with plans to defeat the opponent's offense and defense schemes then have your athletes practice and look for the keys, then execute those plans. Most HCs take the brunt of a loss to take the heat off the young athletes until they review the films on Sunday afternoon where the mistakes are pointed out.

OR

Was it a factor that the Gophers used 10 or 11 freshmen who haven't picked up enough playing time or skills to gain the ability to read the other team
consistently as well as they should if they were sophomores, juniors or seniors. Still using 10 or 11 freshmen, as starters, is tough!

As all of you know you win as a team and lose as a team. The entire team should take. the responsibility from the top to the bottom.

Last edited:

I know, hopefully he has a trusted coach like Ciarrocca on staff that can do this now. Sucks that he coach Ciarroccca came back and bailed on us twice. Not like Rutgers is a big NIL place. This has hurt our QB room a lot.
Silly me. I forgot to add Coach Rossi to that.

He just bugs me.

Boom - it’s not hard.
He just bugs me. You are not alone. This is the one area he is self aware. That is why he said "I'm not for everyone.

I get the frustration (we all are), but he did say much of that. Right or wrong, he said it in a coach speak way. The one thing I took from that is the team didn't give up. If true, it will pay off down the stretch. If true, I assume that it is, we may see four to six more wins (Including bowl game assuming we make one).

Top Bottom