Video: Gopher Men's Basketball New Kid On The Block | Mike Mitchell Jr.

How you going to help us and help our culture this year?
"I think I just play winning basketball..."
Okay, you said it, let's see: With an NBA drafted teammate the Pepperdine Waves were 2 and 14
in the conference, firmly in last place, and 9 and 22 overall this past season 2022-23.
The year before Pepperdine was 1 and 15 in the conference, firmly in last place and 7 and 25 overall in 2021-22.
So can he get the Gophers to three wins this year and continue his winning basketball trend?
I thought there were better responses he could have chosen.

Okay, you said it, let's see: With an NBA drafted teammate the Pepperdine Waves were 2 and 14
in the conference, firmly in last place, and 9 and 22 overall this past season 2022-23.
The year before Pepperdine was 1 and 15 in the conference, firmly in last place and 7 and 25 overall in 2021-22.
So can he get the Gophers to three wins this year and continue his winning basketball trend?
He's a college kid. Get a life. He also mentioned playing solid D, shooting and scrapping for loose balls etc. Did he not do those things at his last stop, or do you not actually know anything about his game? I suspect the latter.

He's a college kid. Get a life. He also mentioned playing solid D, shooting and scrapping for loose balls etc. Did he not do those things at his last stop, or do you not actually know anything about his game? I suspect the latter.
I like seeing more posters getting tough in defense of our student athletes. Good job MS45.

Can’t wait till you’re at the helm👍

It's 2023. College kids have spent their lives in front of cameras with selfies, Tik Tok and Youtube. Self awareness is probably an effective quality to be a good point guard. "Hoping to learn from the coaches and help my teammates achieve our team goals" or any of many less preposterous comments considering his past would have not brought a negative reaction from me.
Had he said, "Probably, my height." At least we would have known he was joking.

The
It's 2023. College kids have spent their lives in front of cameras with selfies, Tik Tok and Youtube. Self awareness is probably an effective quality to be a good point guard. "Hoping to learn from the coaches and help my teammates achieve our team goals" or any of many less preposterous comments considering his past would have not brought a negative reaction from me.
Had he said, "Probably, my height." At least we would have known he was joking.
He thinks he's a good player. Probably successful in high school and AAU. I prefer our guys have confidence. You're just looking for reasons to complain. Just like that stupid poll you started.

"If you're stranded on an island for 2 weeks and you could only bring one item, without water or food, what would you bring?"

"A lifetime supply of shrimp."

I believe our new point guard deserves the nickname "Shrimp."

"Now in for the Gophers...Shrimp Mitchell!"

Top Bottom