VIdeo: Allana Micheaux 24 Points and 7 Rebounds Against NC

Bfan

Reaction score
Video: Micheaux Highlights Against NC

Another new-ish talent is sophomore Alanna Micheaux. She was ranked the 75 player by Prospect Nation (and not in the top-100 by ESPN Hoop Gurlz).

She flashed big potential in the game against North Carolina, a team with size that pressures inside.

"Michigan Miss Basketball finalist and first-team all-state as a senior after averaging 23 points and 12 rebounds per contest ... named first team all-state and all-region as a junior as she averaged 26.4 points, 14.0 rebounds, 3.2 blocks, 2.6 assists and 1.8 steals per contest while shooting 64 percent from the floor ... helped lead her team to district and regional championships and an appearance in the Final Four in her first two seasons at Wayne and a third district championship a year ago before COVID-19 brought the season to an end ... played AAU for 1Nation Detroit," according to the Gophers roster page.

I like Micheaux, I was a little surprised at her inconsistency as the year went along. She was actually better at scoring in the middle of the season. She only averaged about 14 minutes a game and still averaged just under 5 rebounds a game and 5 points/game. I think her biggest problems were turnovers (mostly in her extra hop traveling violations) and passing (only 7 assists on the season). I suspect another year of off season practicing she will play with more confidence and decisiveness. The passing is something that is more likely to come when the game slows down for her. I think this is a trait a center needs to have to be successful. It will be interesting to see how she develops for next year.

Top Bottom