Vann visiting UConn

We will lose some kids. That's the way this goes. I don't blame Vann and I don't blame Kill. Unfortunate if it happens, but I'm resigned to the fact that some kids are going to change their minds as the guys who recruited them are likely to be gone. Relationships mean a lot in the recruiting game and if the relationship is gone, it's back to Square 2 with the kids who have committed.

Correct, we will lose some kids after the coaching change. The thing to remember is that not all the verbals stay until signing day anyway, - look at Josh Huff and Chris Hawkins last year. Or, the way we grabbed Cooper away from TX-Tech right at the end. Hard to know how much will be the coaching change, and how much naturally happens (unless they want to tell us). Of course we also had a 3-9 year and no bowl, so this can change some minds even without a coaching staff being dismissed.

Correct, we will lose some kids after the coaching change. The thing to remember is that not all the verbals stay until signing day anyway, - look at Josh Huff and Chris Hawkins last year. Or, the way we grabbed Cooper away from TX-Tech right at the end. Hard to know how much will be the coaching change, and how much naturally happens (unless they want to tell us). Of course we also had a 3-9 year and no bowl, so this can change some minds even without a coaching staff being dismissed.

That is one thing I will miss about Brew: he loved signing day and having highly recruited kids announce on signing day that they were coming to the U. Michael Carter, Marqueis Gray, Keanon Cooper...

Maybe Edsall is bitter he wasn't offered the job and is taking a jab at Maturi by bringing this kid up? Kidding, kidding!

We will lose a few kids, that's for sure. But we may gain a few as well. There are some good recruits who were recruited by Kill and N. Illinois. They may have liked Kill and his philosophy but had offers from bigger programs, so they didn't give N. Illinois much of a chance. Now they may consider Kill a lot more since he's in a big time conference.

Top Bottom