Vandy transfer DE Lorenza Surgers interview

I have not watched one second of tape on this guy but I get the feeling he will be a great teammate
and will be a contributor on the field for the Gophers.

These would have been a nice couple questions to ask him:
What teams went after you the hardest in the portal? Who were the schools among your final choices?

NLI is a big topic right now...did schools offer you any packages or promise you anything as far as endorsements or incentives? Did the Gophers bring it up? How do you feel about NLI?

Any playing time expectations at Minnesota this fall ... have they told you how they see you fitting in? How do you see yourself contributing? Aaron Donald is somebody you pay attention to... can Gopher fans expect to see you getting after the QB's this fall? And about 40 more questions because he gave thoughtful answers to those he was asked.

Some interviewer points that made me frown: I assume they are only doing conditioning and not "practicing" yet as he mentioned repeatedly?
Lorenza said he has been here 5 weeks, not a "couple months". Spring semester started Jan 18th.
Another wtf: "You were competing in the biggest conference in college football" at Vanderbilt. So the Big Ten is what? Followed by paraphrasing... But you lost all time at Vanderbilt...nice
No welcome to Minnesota and the Big Ten...
Again, impressed with Lorenza Surgers!

I have not watched one second of tape on this guy but I get the feeling he will be a great teammate
and will be a contributor on the field for the Gophers.

These would have been a nice couple questions to ask him:
What teams went after you the hardest in the portal? Who were the schools among your final choices?

NLI is a big topic right now...did schools offer you any packages or promise you anything as far as endorsements or incentives? Did the Gophers bring it up? How do you feel about NLI?

Any playing time expectations at Minnesota this fall ... have they told you how they see you fitting in? How do you see yourself contributing? Aaron Donald is somebody you pay attention to... can Gopher fans expect to see you getting after the QB's this fall? And about 40 more questions because he gave thoughtful answers to those he was asked.

Some interviewer points that made me frown: I assume they are only doing conditioning and not "practicing" yet as he mentioned repeatedly?
Lorenza said he has been here 5 weeks, not a "couple months". Spring semester started Jan 18th.
Another wtf: "You were competing in the biggest conference in college football" at Vanderbilt. So the Big Ten is what? Followed by paraphrasing... But you lost all time at Vanderbilt...nice
No welcome to Minnesota and the Big Ten...
Again, impressed with Lorenza Surgers!
Seems like an easy guy to root for......I thought the same thing about the interviewer sounding like he's been here longer ....... give him some slack though he's adding good content, much appreciated

Seems like an easy guy to root for......I thought the same thing about the interviewer sounding like he's been here longer ....... give him some slack though he's adding good content, much appreciated
+1 Tony is obviously new to it. Always nice to have new content creators surrounding the program, they are actually sorely lacking in my opinion compared to other programs.

Top Bottom