Uthoff shines at Next Level Invitational; Jesperson excited to see Tubby

While I certainly have issues with some of the things this staff does in the way they recruit, remember that we we're one of the first to evaluate and offer Jesperson and Oglesby

Tubby has a different style (or approach) than many Div I coaches but he has the results to back it up.

2 (of 2) Top 20 classes at Georgia. 8 (of 9) Top 20 classes at Kentucky, with 10th class incomplete when he left. It would have been Top 20 also. And 2 (of 3) Top 20 classes at Minnesota.

Tubby has a different style (or approach) than many Div I coaches but he has the results to back it up.

2 (of 2) Top 20 classes at Georgia. 8 (of 9) Top 20 classes at Kentucky, with 10th class incomplete when he left. It would have been Top 20 also. And 2 (of 3) Top 20 classes at Minnesota.

What is his style (or approach) in your view? (I'm not being sarcastic)

What is his style (or approach) in your view? (I'm not being sarcastic)

He doesn't like to take early commits. He likes to get recruits on campus during school year. Most of his commitments come in the fall with a few in the spring. He likes to get to know families.

Easy now! We can only add 2-4 scholly recruits next year depending on how Dawson is handled and Trevor's transfer status.

On my spreadsheet I have Tubby & Crew courting or having offered over 20 players for 2011 that currently have 'potential' status. I suspect that they are always working. Many times I find out that they've offered a player that I was unaware was even being courted.

In Uthoff's case, they looked at him and evidently it wasn't a fit. Could be Uthoff didn't like the new state-of-the-art practice facility (TIC). Could be they couldn't offer because of another offeree that they didn't want to scare off. Could be they perceived a flaw in Uthoff's game. Could be that he couldn't bring the skills to fill a need on the squad. Could be that he didn't want to live that far from his grandma for four years. Could be that Tubby didn't feel that he could commit to dealing with Jarrod's shortcomings or had the skills to deal with them. Could be that Jarrod doesn't like anything Minnesotan. And on and on and on.

I can't tag Tubby as plodding, slothful or unable to adapt. Tubby is one of the premier coaches in the nation. We shouldn't be so critical. The U is fortunate to have him and we do get to enjoy 20+ wins each year.

+1

Uthoff to Wisconsin. Congrats, UWOle.

Very, very happy that UW was able to land Jarrod. I think he's a great fit on the court, and he sounds like a really good kid off the court too. Bo and the staff put together a nice 2011 class, now they have one more to fill in 2012. Hopefully that is JP Tokoto, but if not, they only need to find one more guy, which presumably puts them in a pretty good position.

This is another blow to the Hawkeyes, too. Iowa fans were convinced that Uthoff was going to stay home. In fact, one of the newspapers reported the kid would commit to Iowa. Iowa fans were hopeful the new coach McCaffery would start keeping high profile in-state recruits home, yet Bo comes in and plucks the very first Iowa kid the new Hawkeye coach offers right from under his nose.

Wait I thought Mother Vanderlay was Numb Nut.

Yours is obviously Numb Nut on EVERY board.

Not on any other board sconny boy.

n2202350117_28632.jpg

Top Bottom