USCSDSU

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
I keep thinking how this USC road game left me in some sort of parallel dimension exact opposite emotional state compared to the South Dakota State game at home a couple years ago.

Back then that win left me feeling empty and sadly convinced the program was in "reverse."

Yesterday's loss leaves me with anticipation and happily enthusiastic to watch an improving Gopher squad.

The whole thing just seems ironic to me. I remember thinking to myself "people need to remember this was actually a win" and now I'm seeing all the glowing commentary after the USC game and thinking "no moral victories... do people realize this was a loss?"

Spock has a goatee in this dimension.

I agree. I feel pretty good about yesterday's game. If we could have pulled it out, it would have been even more fantastic. Similarly, the SDSU win didn't leave us feeling too good, but if we had actually lost the game it would have been much worse.

I'm not looking at it as a moral victory (at least I am trying not to), but it does give me confidence that the team can do some good things.

Mrs Bayfield said it best during the first half; "Sure looks like another Brewster team!".

After the 4th down botched snap, the Gophers looked like a different bunch and one that Coach Kill and the players need to build on.

Top Bottom