USC wants to practice at Cretin or Eden Prairie HS prior to Gopher game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

"The University of Southern California, which landed Cretin-Derham Hall senior offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson, inquired if the Trojans can use CDH's field for practice before they play the Gophers on Sept. 18. USC also is interested practicing at Eden Prairie High."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_15039355

Go Gophers!!

Don't let them. Obviously they want to build a stronger connection with those two powerhouse schools.

Even if they wanted to, could the U make them not practice there?

Pretty epic for those two schools if you ask me.

Is this just Kiffin being Kiffin or has any visiting team ever tried this? Is he going to do this for every team he plays or are we just that special?

They shouldn't even allow this to happen. We all know why USC wants to do this.

Wow talk about alot of overreacting! This happens all of the time. You guys do realize the visiting teams do need somewhere to practice?

If it was for anything other than building relationships with the schools, you would think that they would want to use St. Thomas as its close and probably has the nicest facilities.

Kiffin may be a colossal dick, but he knows what he is doing in terms of recruiting.

Alright, now I've got some of you people pegged. One of you is my Congressman. A couple of you are my Senators. Another one is my state representative and yet another is my state senator. One of you might be my old high school dean of students, the IQ seems about right. This is why we don't get any business done in St. Paul or D.C. All you clear-thinking politicians are busy debating USC's choice of practice facility.

Great potential revenue source for one of the HS's. Id do it in a second. But I would make sure it is open to the public, so everyone can watch. The students would remember that forever.

Re: The students would remember that forever.

That's preposterous. But thanks for the laugh.

Things I'll never forget:

1) Getting married
2) Birth of children
3) Winning state
4) USC practicing at my high school

EP is a public school; "they" are Mike Grant (AD) and the school administration. The only justifiable reason to do this is revenue. If we can get significant rent from USC and charge those that want to attend then I would be in favor. Otherwise, I would tell them to pound sand.

Where did Cal practice when they visited? Where did we practice when we went to Cal?

Watched Cal practice at TCF last fall (thru the gates). Got to believe this truly IS a recruiting ploy. Otherwise, why wouldn't Kiffin practice at Bloomington Jefferson, his alma mater?

They can practice at TCF just like every other team.

I don't understand why they wouldn't want to practice at TCF. Why wouldn't they want to get used to the field they are going to play on? This smacks of over confidence. I hope the Gophers make them pay :clap:

Does this violate any NCAA regs in regards to getting a foot up in recruiting? It seems a little iffy, even if one of the prospective high schools would ok the idea of a college football team coming and practicing at their field. Not that Kiffin has been a saint when it comes to recruiting violations or anything.

I feel I can lend some insight to this... This is not only a smart move by Kiffen, it is something that a collegiate coach would be dumb to not take advantage of. When a team crosses several time zones it is customary to get in a few days ahead of time. Coaches can use this time to build inroads with the top high schools in the area, when we visited Cal a few years back we practiced at a high school that had banners and trophys EVERYWHERE and pictures of dozens of Division I and NFL players, their current players and coaching staff hung around and watched practice from the bleachers and our coaches schmoozed a little afterwords with their coaching staff. I apologize that the name of the school escapes me.

This is something that I would certainly expect that Brewster do if and when we leave the state and have extra time, it makes sense that any coach worth his salt in recruiting would take advantage of the opportunity to stroke a successful high school's ego and suck up to the coaches a little... If nothing else, it gives them a cheap place to hold a practice that they need to have anyways, and if an extra bonus comes of it then so be it.

I feel I can lend some insight to this... This is not only a smart move by Kiffen, it is something that a collegiate coach would be dumb to not take advantage of. When a team crosses several time zones it is customary to get in a few days ahead of time. Coaches can use this time to build inroads with the top high schools in the area, when we visited Cal a few years back we practiced at a high school that had banners and trophys EVERYWHERE and pictures of dozens of Division I and NFL players, their current players and coaching staff hung around and watched practice from the bleachers and our coaches schmoozed a little afterwords with their coaching staff. I apologize that the name of the school escapes me.

This is something that I would certainly expect that Brewster do if and when we leave the state and have extra time, it makes sense that any coach worth his salt in recruiting would take advantage of the opportunity to stroke a successful high school's ego and suck up to the coaches a little... If nothing else, it gives them a cheap place to hold a practice that they need to have anyways, and if an extra bonus comes of it then so be it.

This is why it's awesome that you post on here, we get factual information instead of 100 people guessing...nice

You mean 'they' allowed it?

This is something that I would certainly expect that Brewster do if and when we leave the state and have extra time, it makes sense that any coach worth his salt in recruiting would take advantage of the opportunity to stroke a successful high school's ego and suck up to the coaches a little...

How many of those coaches from powerhouse high schools would do such a disservice to the local team?

Top Bottom