USC fans boo Lane Kiffin, chant "Fire Kiffin" in latest home loss

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily News:

USC fans spoke with a singular voice. They were tired of Kiffin’s 3-for-13 third-down conversion rate. They were irritated he stopped the clock to try to get a field goal, only for quarterback Cody Kessler to get intercepted for a Washington State touchdown just before halftime.

But they were most upset with an anemic offensive performance engineered by someone who refused to give up playcalling duties following last season. After two games, USC’s offense is pathetic and Kiffin’s future seems tenuous.

“I’m getting used to it,” Kiffin said of the boos. “You really can’t worry about that. It is what it is. I think I heard that before the game during warmups.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...boos-in-home-opening-loss-to-washington-state

Go Gophers!!

Absolutely could not happen to a more deserving guy!

Absolutely could not happen to a more deserving guy!

Hah...amen, brother. If it looks like poop and smells like poop, it most certainly will taste like it, too. Lane is that smug, arrogant rich kid that you loved to kick the crap out of in HS. He'll be out at USC by the end of the year.

It might be a Brewster-style mid-season canning.

Hah...amen, brother. If it looks like poop and smells like poop, it most certainly will taste like it, too. Lane is that smug, arrogant rich kid that you loved to kick the crap out of in HS. He'll be out at USC by the end of the year.

Nailed it!

How do you lose to Washington State at home? That's as bad as.......losing to Washington State at home.

How do you lose to Washington State at home? That's as bad as.......losing to Washington State at home.

Not sure if you watched the game, but Washington St is getting better. They actually are a much better defensive team that struggles offensively. Granted USC is the one who lost the game. Their last 5 posessions were something like Blocked FG, Missed FG (laces in), punt, downs, int... Any team can lose to any team if you play like absolute crap. USC does have twice the talent, and that's where the coach gets into trouble. I'll be interested to see who the next team to give Kiffin a chance is. Maybe a taste of humble pie will change him in a good way...

Not sure if you watched the game, but Washington St is getting better. They actually are a much better defensive team that struggles offensively. Granted USC is the one who lost the game. Their last 5 posessions were something like Blocked FG, Missed FG (laces in), punt, downs, int... Any team can lose to any team if you play like absolute crap. USC does have twice the talent, and that's where the coach gets into trouble. I'll be interested to see who the next team to give Kiffin a chance is. Maybe a taste of humble pie will change him in a good way...

Which is quite interesting considering who their coach is.

Wish we would have got USC at home this year.

The guy at Deadspin said "Lane Kiffin makes Rick Neuheisel look like John Gagliardi".

Wish we would have got USC at home this year.

Yes. It always seems to work out that way for our lads. Kind of like not playing Nebraska when they were way down.

So who gets the axe first? Lane Kiffen or Mack Brown?

Exactly. Neither school will put up with this. USC could be headed back to the late 80's. Texas taking a back seat to A&M, ain't gonna happen.

Brown at least has some remaining good will from winning a national championship, while Kiffin is a piece of sh!t, so I'll say Kiffin.

Hayden is anxious to pull out the rug.

I posted the following in the Bill O'Brien Thread last November (11-27-12) when someone made reference to Kiffin and USC in it:

USC comparisons referenced earlier: Their problems stem more from the fact Pat Hayden seems to love Lane Kiffin, a coach who gets so little out of his talent and speed. As long as his ego wears headphones, they will continue to underperform regardless of the # of scholarships. 4 and 5 stars are the norm there and talent is brought in every year.

I posted the following in the Bill O'Brien Thread last November (11-27-12) when someone made reference to Kiffin and USC in it:

USC comparisons referenced earlier: Their problems stem more from the fact Pat Hayden seems to love Lane Kiffin, a coach who gets so little out of his talent and speed. As long as his ego wears headphones, they will continue to underperform regardless of the # of scholarships. 4 and 5 stars are the norm there and talent is brought in every year.

seems to

I found this rather amusing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hilarious MT <a href="https://twitter.com/LAIreland">@laireland</a>: I have a feeling this won't be the only time a fire lane is used this way at the Coliseum <a href="http://t.co/8hOVZyCi4R">pic.twitter.com/8hOVZyCi4R</a></p>— Brad Denny (@BDenny29) <a href="https://twitter.com/BDenny29/statuses/376837515166384128">September 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It didnt surpise me one bit about this. Lane Kiffin should not be a coach period. When he left Tennesee for USC, all the locals here were so bitter about it.

Top Bottom