USC and Sushi

Tully55

Reaction score
My wife and I live in Las Vegas and are really excited about going to the USC game and are looking forward to seeing a bunch of GH'ers there. I went to the U in the 70's and can remember listening to Gopher games as a child from the very early 60's. Living out west now greatly limits our chances of attending games, so we have been looking forward to this game ever since it was first announced. Go Gophers!!!
Also, our favorite all you can eat sushi restaurant here in Las Vegas is having a design your best sushi roll contest. The 3 most ordered rolls will become a part of the restaurant's permanent menu. Our entry is named the "Golden Gopher Roll!" It is a somewhat odd mix of ingredients, but somehow manages (in our opinion) to taste really delicious. Wish us luck!

my wife and i just got back from vegas not to long ago for our honeymoon. spent a week out there...and already putting money into a jar to make it back for the UNLV game next year...i'm trying to convince her to let me steal some our wedding money we made so I can make it to TCF Bank this year :)

Your "odd" list of ingredients wouldn't include Lutefisk, Spam and Cheerios would it??

Good Luck!!

GO GOPHERS!

Can we hear whats in the roll? It seems harsh and irresponsible to talk about 'odd' and 'delicious' ingredients and not disclose them.

My wife and I live in Las Vegas and are really excited about going to the USC game and are looking forward to seeing a bunch of GH'ers there. I went to the U in the 70's and can remember listening to Gopher games as a child from the very early 60's. Living out west now greatly limits our chances of attending games, so we have been looking forward to this game ever since it was first announced. Go Gophers!!!
Also, our favorite all you can eat sushi restaurant here in Las Vegas is having a design your best sushi roll contest. The 3 most ordered rolls will become a part of the restaurant's permanent menu. Our entry is named the "Golden Gopher Roll!" It is a somewhat odd mix of ingredients, but somehow manages (in our opinion) to taste really delicious. Wish us luck!

I hope you're planning to be active on the board prior to next year's opener. I know a LOT of Gopher fans are planning to make the trip. My own group is up to 20 or so.

Edit: Oh yeah, and good luck with your sushi roll.

This all reminded me that I am waaaay overdue for a trip to a sushi restaurant. I would order a Golden Gopher Roll if I could. Good points on sticking around this board to help everyone for the opener next year. That should be a fun trip, and I hope to make it.

i'm on gopherhole every day...just don't post all too much because I live in Ohio and lack the insight lol. my main concern with the game in vegas is trying to make it from the strip to the stadium without using a taxi (prices on those are crazy).

Hahahaha... No lutefisk, Cheerios or Spam in our sushi roll (although Spam rolls are very popular in Hawaii).

The Golden Gopher Roll = The usual rice and seaweed surrounding teriyaki beef, salmon, spicy crabmeat, minced garlic, and topped with avocado, a dot of salmon roe for garnish and a nice coating of teriyaki sauce to give it a nice golden gopher glow. MMMmmmm GOOD!

As the Minnesota/UNLV game approaches, keep in touch and if anyone needs advice re: places to stay or places to eat sushi(!), we're happy to help! It would be great to get a group together for the game. And, we're already planning a trip to MN for UNLV's treacherous trip to face the Gophers at TCF Bank Stadium in 2013! Will be hitting the State Fair, too.

Well, I certainly will be there! In fact I am in Del Mar and cannot wait for the march north.

The Golden Gopher Roll = The usual rice and seaweed surrounding teriyaki beef, salmon, spicy crabmeat, minced garlic, and topped with avocado, a dot of salmon roe for garnish and a nice coating of teriyaki sauce to give it a nice golden gopher glow. MMMmmmm GOOD!

I would have gone with a name like "The Dirty Gopher" just to add some intrigue or implied "danger" to the dish. Good luck with your entry.

Top Bottom