USA Today 1 - 124 weekly rerank

parkinglotgopher

Gentleman and Scholar
Reaction score
Fodder for debate, based on where the Big Ten teams netted out. Listed by rank within the conference, with the national rank in parenthesis. A lot of teams jammed up around those high 20s and 30s. Also, a few interesting rankings. Nebraska below Wisconsin and Northwestern??

1. Ohio State (8)
2. Michigan State (27)
3. Wisconsin (28)
4. Michigan (30)
5. Penn State (32)
6. Northwestern (35)
7. Nebraska (44)
8. Iowa (58)
9. Purdue (64)
10. Minnesota (74)
11. Illinois (90)
12. Indiana (94)

Full listing

They probably have Nebraska and Purdue to low, Michigan State to high but the order is roughly right especially as to where we fit in the picture right now. One issue I have with the ranking though is that they put 3-3 Western Michigan at #65 which doesn't seem quite right given that we did manage to beat them. I think Syracuse fell in at #79 and UNLV at #99 for those that don't want to click the link.

I didn't click on the link but ranking a .500 MAC team that the Gophers beat ahead of the 4-1 Gophers seems like a very strange thing to me.

Way too low a rating for Nebraska - they may well be Big10 champs after beating Wisconsin in a rematch in Indianapolis. Much is riding on the Neb-Michigan game, but it is in Lincoln.

Wow, whoever ends up representing the Big 10 in the BCS is gonna get smoked by Oregon (if they are not in the national championship)...o boy

Top Bottom