UPDATED: Onwualu commits to Notre Dame

@AllenTrieu: James Onwualu's top four (in no order): #NotreDame, #Michigan, #Stanford and #Minnesota

Not a subscriber. Just grabbed that off twitter.

@ISDUpdate: James Onwualu: I think that last #NotreDame visit is going to be a big one for me & my decision will likely come shortly after that.

It's time for a March madness upset here - the 4 seed Gophers over the 1 seed Irish.

It's nice to be mentioned in this top-4 group but he's said privately that he will not be attending the U. That could change, Kill is convincing, but this would be Kill's best recruiting job by far if he was to land JO. When James signs with Notre Dame or Stanford I won't hold it against Kill.

It's nice to be mentioned in this top-4 group but he's said privately that he will not be attending the U. That could change, Kill is convincing, but this would be Kill's best recruiting job by far if he was to land JO. When James signs with Notre Dame or Stanford I won't hold it against Kill.

More recently or before the Junior day? I know it was widely accepted that he wasn't considering us, but then as he described he went to the Junior Day "on a whim" and really enjoyed it and that is how we ended up in his top 4. From what I can gather, we had basically no shot until the Junior Day. I still think we're a long shot, but I do think we have a shot now. I would say our odds will realistically be known by how often (if ever) he attends Spring Practice.

@AllenTrieu: #OhioState offers Cretin Derham Hall (Mn) WR James Onwualu. Most likely too little too late.

@AllenTrieu: #OhioState offers Cretin Derham Hall (Mn) WR James Onwualu. Most likely too little too late.

Wow.
I get that he's likely not coming here, but I'm really impressed by his offer list at this point.
He's a nice athlete, but these coaches must see him growing into a role somewhere.
Here's to hoping he considers staying home and getting a great education at the U.
If not then I'd rather see him go to Stanford or ND than have to come home every year and play against us at Michigan.

Wow.
I get that he's likely not coming here, but I'm really impressed by his offer list at this point.
He's a nice athlete, but these coaches must see him growing into a role somewhere.
Here's to hoping he considers staying home and getting a great education at the U.
If not then I'd rather see him go to Stanford or ND than have to come home every year and play against us at Michigan.

This is an extremely deep year talent wise or he would have cracked the rivals 250/247 top 247. Not looking at any articles written you can always get a read on what school leads for a player based on how often they visit a school. Onwualu has been to Notre Dame 4 times so far and will be their for their junior day coming up March 24th. Academics are his #1 priority which is why ND/Stanford lead. However, there is a rumor going around that he is in South Bend as we speak and a commitment may be on the horizon.

This is an extremely deep year talent wise or he would have cracked the rivals 250/247 top 247. Not looking at any articles written you can always get a read on what school leads for a player based on how often they visit a school. Onwualu has been to Notre Dame 4 times so far and will be their for their junior day coming up March 24th. Academics are his #1 priority which is why ND/Stanford lead. However, there is a rumor going around that he is in South Bend as we speak and a commitment may be on the horizon.

The mental image of you cuffing your carrot to the thought of Onwualu committing to Notre Dame is quite hilarious to me.

Wow.

Yeah, he is building an awfully gaudy offer list. I always thought Onwualu would be a Big 10 caliber player and I wasn't surprised by the Stanford offer. However, I didn't think his recruiting would be this intense this quickly.

The mental image of you cuffing your carrot to the thought of Onwualu committing to Notre Dame is quite hilarious to me.

Funny, I thought the same thing when Minnesota landed Keelon Brookins.

Yeah, he is building an awfully gaudy offer list. I always thought Onwualu would be a Big 10 caliber player and I wasn't surprised by the Stanford offer. However, I didn't think his recruiting would be this intense this quickly.

Urban Meyer is an idiot that is being bamboozled by the CDH hype machine. This kid can't play!!!!!@

Funny, I thought the same thing when Minnesota landed Keelon Brookins.

The difference is that we were actually so audacious as to talk about it on a Minnesota message board. I didn't go to goldendomehumpers.org and brag about it.

From the twitter world "@JoshHelmholdt St. Paul (MN) ATH James Onwualu's decision coming sooner than expected... much sooner"

Sounds like he's going to Notre Dame. Meh.

Oh Brian Kelly, falling for the CDH hype machine. What a fool.

From the twitter world "@JoshHelmholdt St. Paul (MN) ATH James Onwualu's decision coming sooner than expected... much sooner"

Sounds like he's going to Notre Dame. Meh.

You came to a rock-solid conclusion about something that won't happen (if it happens at all) for another 11 months from that tweet? Man, I love Twitter.

You came to a rock-solid conclusion about something that won't happen (if it happens at all) for another 11 months from that tweet? Man, I love Twitter.

I used the phrase "sounds like" to indicate it wasn't a "rock solid conclusion"... and I suppose you have a point about him not signing a NLI for 11 months but I wanted to give you the inside scoop on where he'll probably go, I apologize.

Finally, I too love twitter. Dadboner is funny as hell (RIP Peanut).

Much sooner as in he has scheduled a press conference for Thursday at 11:30.

Doesn't mean a thing. 11 months is a long time.

If you followed the recruitment of James in the last 6 months you would understand that your statement couldn't be more wrong.

If you followed the recruitment of James in the last 6 months you would understand that your statement couldn't be more wrong.
And if you knew anything about life you would understand that a lot can change in 11 months.

No, the education you will receive at a particular school will not change in the next 11 months, which is far and away his #1 priority.

No, the education you will receive at a particular school will not change in the next 11 months, which is far and away his #1 priority.
Priorities can change in 11 months. Look, I understand he thinks education is important, and right now it is most important to him, but in 11 months innumerable things can happen that would change that.

Top Bottom