UPDATED (6/6): Jarrod Uthoff to transfer to Iowa, staying in B1G, pulling a Sam Okey

It does, but it also says something about the coach, he should know his players, if something happened like that you would think he would go out on a one on one basis and figure out what is wrong and not allow it to get to the media.
That's exactly what Ryan tried to do. He offered to cut his vacation with his wife short to meet with the kid, but the Uthoff said no, and still will not meet with Ryan.

Ryan clammed up it looks like and made it a battle when it should have been about figuring out how to make it best for all involved.
Kind of hard to figure out what's best for the kid if he won't talk to you.

I would have sat down with him and explained who and why I would not allow him to go to certain schools and make sure he understood who they were and what the reasons were. If he goes to the media, repeat exactly what he was told and why to the media so there is no misunderstanding.
Again, that's exactly what Bo wanted to do, but Uthoff has refused to talk to any of his teammates or coaches. By forcing Jarrod to go through the appeals process, Bo is also forcing the kid to speak with an AD representative, so that
he can at least figure out why the kid randomly decided to leave the program.

Bo is who everyone thought he was. What a charming personality.

This is a lose-lose situation for everyone involved. Gopher fans just want to poke fun at Becky, Becky fans take it too personally.

bmnux.gif

"@travisWSN AAU tourney today Iowa Barnstormers, Uthoff's former team, wore shirts w/ his face that said "Free Uthoff" & Bo was there"

Go Gophers!!

Haha, I sincerely doubt that actually happened.

And no, it will have absolutely zero affect on recruiting at all. Hahahaha.

It 100% happened. Bo was there. Lots of people were getting a good chuckle at Bo's expense. Not sure why you are so confident that this wouldn't have happened.

Go Gophers!!

It 100% happened. Bo was there. Lots of people were getting a good chuckle at Bo's expense. Not sure why you are so confident that this wouldn't have happened.

Go Gophers!!

Wish i would've seen it. Was watching net gain and the playmakers and never noticed.

Required reading for Bo Ryan (and all of the other d0uchebag power-drunk coaches out there):

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...on-transfer-policy-i-think-life-is-too-short/

"I want our guys to stay [at Georgia], and sometimes when they do choose to leave, I still like the kid and I still want the kid to have success. If he thinks he will have success at a school you compete against, then so be it.

Richt = huge, pendulous testicles
Ryan = giant, undulating d0uchenozzle

Required reading for Bo Ryan (and all of the other d0uchebag power-drunk coaches out there):

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...on-transfer-policy-i-think-life-is-too-short/

"I want our guys to stay [at Georgia], and sometimes when they do choose to leave, I still like the kid and I still want the kid to have success. If he thinks he will have success at a school you compete against, then so be it.

What a breadth of fresh air, someone out there that is not about me, me, me, but about us and what can we do to be successfull.

I would just like to say that I really appreciate your perhaps excessively graphic descriptions of things like this. I always get a kick out of it. :)

Not sure this is a good thing for Minnesota as Fran (a 50 plus year old guy Iowa hired from Siena when nobody wanted their job) will have Woodbury, Gessell, and Uthoff in 2013-2014 to go along with guys like Aaron White and Josh Ogelsby. On the plus side, it's incredibly easy to hate a guy who managed to play for both Wisconsin and Iowa during his career.

Reunites w/Oglesby... tough to watch other Big Ten teams improve relatively quickly, but Iowa's trending in the right direction... don't like Iowa being good, but at least they actually run a bit

It's hard to imagine this transfer being worse for Wisconsin. They had one guy transfer, with the publicity of 5. You wouldn't know that transfers are rare under Bo Ryan with all the attention the Uthoff case got. The Uthoff transfer was a total disaster for Wisconsin, which can only get worse if he proves to be a solid player for Iowa. .

It's hard to imagine this transfer being worse for Wisconsin. They had one guy transfer, with the publicity of 5. You wouldn't know that transfers are rare under Bo Ryan with all the attention the Uthoff case got. The Uthoff transfer was a total disaster for Wisconsin, which can only get worse if he proves to be a solid player for Iowa. .

But, but, but, Badger2010 says it won't effect recruiting at all!

Nice pick up for McCaffery.

Wisconsin (and the Grinch's recruiting) will be fine. 16-17-18 year-olds care little about yesterday's news.

Bo's 2nd transfer in 11 years Total disaster. LOL

Bo's 2nd transfer in 11 years Total disaster. LOL

Yep. Like I said, one transfer with the publicity of five (or more). Bo doing radio interviews trying to explain his reasons for restricting the transfer to the ACC, etc. Then the kid ends up going to a conference rival. The whole situation made Wisconsin look bad. For instance, Michigan had 3 transfers this offseason, compared to 1 for Wisconsin, but Wisconsin was more highly criticized by far. It's a disaster when you have one transfer get the publicity the Uthoff transfer got especially when Bo's intent to prevent him from going to the competition was completely foiled as well.

Yep. Like I said, one transfer with the publicity of five (or more). Bo doing radio interviews trying to explain his reasons for restricting the transfer to the ACC, etc. Then the kid ends up going to a conference rival. The whole situation made Wisconsin look bad. For instance, Michigan had 3 transfers this offseason, compared to 1 for Wisconsin, but Wisconsin was more highly criticized by far. It's a disaster when you have one transfer get the publicity the Uthoff transfer got especially when Bo's intent to prevent him from going to the competition was completely foiled as well.

OMG The worldwide leader doesn't like us. BFD...You don't have a clue what really happened.

Top Bottom