Unscientific Survey: Part II - Site-Related Remarks

DL65

Reaction score
Once again, I want to thank all of you that participated in this year's survey. You made it fun and successful . . . introducing and reintroducing yourselves to one another. There were a lot of first time participants, which is always good to see. With nearly 5,700 views, obviously, GopherHolers find the short bios and remarks interesting.

This is the second recap of the survey. Part I focused on the basic demographics of the questionnaire. Part II is a short synopsis of the site-related comments of the respondents.

I. What GopherHolers like about this site.

One word leaped out continually that describes GopherHole: Community! Many posters said they like the "sense of community" as well as inside information that is fresh and accurate, passion, in-depth interviews, great analysis, rumors, humor, diverse opinions, and interesting personalities that is found at the Gopherhole and in its forums. Singled out numerous times for their many informed contributions were regular posters, i.e. GopherLady, Parkinglotgopher, Bleedgopher, grunkiejr, MNSnowman, cduff, selectionsunday, Johnny Gopher, et al. In short, what GopherHolers like are the members of GopherHole. They make the site interesting and inviting.

"Lots of excellent insight from a large number of posters. If there's news, you hear about it here first. Interviews with coaches, players, and recruits are awesome." Miles Tones

"It's a good chance to discuss Gopher sports with people that share my passion for the program(s)." grunkiejr

Parkinglotgopher (likes), "The anarchy that comes with being a free registration message board."

"Lively discussion by many personalities. Knowledge base." Anderson8284

"We have a diverse, smart and funny community and often find myself laughing out loud at various lines, comments." Bleedgopher

II. What GopherHolers dislike.

The expressed dislike that occurred most frequently was related to trolls and negativity that creeps into the threads. Some said moderators should take quick action against those that purposely disrupt discussions. Another dislike expressed is when good threads get off topic quickly, which often leads to petty bickering.

III. What improvements GopherHolers would like to see occur.

1) Chat rooms
2) Recruiting forums for basketball and football
3) More in-depth features including where are they now.
4) New members bringing fresh perspectives.
5) Links to game results, schedules, statistics, etc.
6) Recaps of games with analysis (who stood out and who struggled)
7) Better policing of trolls and less bickering.
8) More interviews with current and former players.

"Small pieces about historic games would be nice to see and it helps me appreciate the current games and the rivalries a little more." grunkiejr

"Would love to see more women getting involved with the board - there are far too few of us!" gopherfaith

"There are so many "lurkers" and I would like to see more of the lurkers become active posters as new insight and analysis is always appreciated." Bleedgopher

"I would LOVE more people to post. This board is only as good as its posters, the more dialogue we have going, with so many different opinions, will just make us stronger. Don't be afraid to post." GopherLady.

"Navigation scheme on site seems awkward. Troublemakers . . . degrade the value and experience of the site." Miles Tones

I'm confident the GopherHole Staff/Admins has copied the remarks and suggestions about this site and find them to be of value.

Again, thank you for participating in the survey and welcome to the many lurkers that have joined our fun community!

Kudos and thank you to the GopherHole Staff/Admins!!!

Go Gophers!!

Kudos to you, DL65! You have no idea what a valuable resource this is to us, and we appreciate it so much - and can't believe how timely you are with your summaries. Wow.

You doing this survey every year, helps all of us make GH a better site. And there's no doubt that all of the comments and suggestions are being taken to heart, and we will be working on a number of ideas, some are already in the works.

Did I say thank you? If not, a HUGE THANK YOU!!!! :)

required

If you want to be the best, you have to survey. Everyone appreciates the results

Top Bottom