UNLV board re- Jospeh

Rouser

Reaction score
Since we're all about "hot talk" over nothing lately...I thought this would be more fun. Found this on a UNLV message board last night...

http://unlv.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1072&tid=136677841&mid=136677841&sid=915&style=2

I was in the 4th seat over in the student section infront of they video screen. The girl next to me, with the help of two other students brought Corey Joseph over right before the second half. I talked to him, not at length but a little bit and all bottom line...Here is a 90% chance he's NOT coming to UNLV. He felt uncomfortable, refused to stand, and left in about 10 minutes. He told me he wants to go somewhere where he has a great "connection". To me that said Texas with his best friend Bradley or Minnesota with is brother.

I bet the loss to Kansas St in front of an announced crowd of 8,000 was not-so-impressive. UNLV was a courtesy visit, imo. It's Minnesota or Texas I believe, with Minnesota getting the nod in the end.

I bet the loss to Kansas St in front of an announced crowd of 8,000 was not-so-impressive. UNLV was a courtesy visit, imo. It's Minnesota or Texas I believe, with Minnesota getting the nod in the end.

I wouldn't take Villanova lightly either. They are loaded at guard, but play enough three guard offense. Great university and a great coach, if he commits to stay there for the long haul.

I wouldn't take Villanova lightly either. They are loaded at guard, but play enough three guard offense. Great university and a great coach, if he commits to stay there for the long haul.

Clearly Tubby has been using the 3 guard starting lineup because it has been very effective, but is there any chance he would be showing C. Joseph that he (Tubby) is comfortable with running a 3 guard set, making Minnesota an even more attractive option for him?

but is there any chance he would be showing C. Joseph that he (Tubby) is comfortable with running a 3 guard set, making Minnesota an even more attractive option for him?
No.

Tubby doesn't make his starting rotation decisions based on what a prospective recruit wants to see.

Clearly Tubby has been using the 3 guard starting lineup because it has been very effective, but is there any chance he would be showing C. Joseph that he (Tubby) is comfortable with running a 3 guard set, making Minnesota an even more attractive option for him?

Tubby played 3G lineups most years at Kentucky, too. His most successful UK teams used 3G in rotation. 1998 - Sheppard, Turner, Edwards, Mills, and Saul. And 2003 - Bogans, Fitch, Hawkins, Azubuike, and Barbour.

Tubby played 3G lineups most years at Kentucky, too. His most successful UK teams used 3G in rotation. 1998 - Sheppard, Turner, Edwards, Mills, and Saul. And 2003 - Bogans, Fitch, Hawkins, Azubuike, and Barbour.

Interesting. I was unaware. thanks FOT

I live in Las Vegas and UNLV is a classic example of a school in a large city with fair weather fans. After the national championship team of the early 90's and the dismissing of Jerry Tarkaninan, the city embraces the team merely a fraction of what it used to.

I have my fingers crossed on this one. Having the Joseph brothers on the Gophers would be terrific.

Not a chance. Tubby is worried about winning this year. Not about whether or not a highly-rated high school senior likes his three-guard offense. That's just not Tubby's way.

I'm trying not to piss on UNLV more than we already are, but the Thomas and Mack Center is getting "old" and not aging well. I was just out there for the National Finals Rodeo, and T&M is a lot like the Metrodome. Designed in the early 80s, jams too many people into a too-narrow concourse, and is nearing the end of it's practical life. Maybe if you doubled the concourse width you might have something.

Top Bottom