Under the Helmet: Miles Thomas

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Typical kids in junior high might come home from school and play video games or turn on the television – not Miles Thomas. It all started when Thomas was in eighth grade when he was asked to help out with the family business of trucking in Downs, Kan.

“My dad always had workers, but my three older brothers and I would get roped into doing the maintenance and stuff like that,” Thomas said. “My brothers started when they were freshmen washing out trailers. They showed me the ropes and let me do all the dirtier work because I was younger. I feel like it has shaped me into a hard worker.”

It was then that the now senior fullback realized how hard he would need to work to accomplish his dreams. Thomas took that effort and approached the game of football the same way.

Thomas played eight-man football for the high school in Downs where he rushed for 1,760 yards and 30 touchdowns on 166 carries from the fullback position. His performance between the lines grabbed the attention of the coaching staff of Butler Community College where Thomas eventually decided to enroll.

All the early success didn’t come easy. Thomas dedicated a lot of his time to the weight room, when he wasn’t helping out at home.

“I’ve always loved to lift,” said Thomas. “It’s helped me out with my game and made me get bigger, faster and stronger.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092815aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

I'm personally remotely acquainted with him and his family. They are great people and we should be honored that he's wearing Maroon & Gold.

They finally got him a pass Sat. He was a first down machine on that play last year.

Top Bottom