UNBELIEVABLE - POST GAME RANT THREAD!!!!

I would never hope for anyone to get sick, but if the Big Ten ended up having to just scratch the entire season....

I think we should make fun of Kill an Claeys and the recruits they brought in. That was really in fashion last year on this site. Granted those recruits are playing in the NFL now and Fleck's guys are getting dominated by the worst team in the Big 10, but facts didn't matter last year to this board, so why should it now?

it's fascinating Sanford has continued to get jobs to me.

Had one good year at ND in 2015, then they sucked shit the next year.
6-7 and 3-9 at WKU
Stop at Utah State where it looked like Jordan Love regressed (32 TDs year prior to 20 and ints went from 6 to 17).

I would be astonished if he makes it through the season.

Should remember that it's possible that others turned the job down before Fleck offered Sanford.

I think we should make fun of Kill an Claeys and the recruits they brought in. That was really in fashion last year on this site. Granted those recruits are playing in the NFL now and Fleck's guys are getting dominated by the worst team in the Big 10, but facts didn't matter last year to this board, so why should it now?
There is zero talent on this defense

Your secondary is screwed when you have D-Lineman who don't put pressure or contain the QB. Compound that with slow linebackers not making tackles and it's a tough task. It's hard to say how good Durr or St. Juste are. Though St. Juste does look like he's having a hard time. Thought he was better. Maybe it's just more of a mental thing with him.

I would never hope for anyone to get sick, but if the Big Ten ended up having to just scratch the entire season....
It's getting close, isn't it? Wiscy is basically done. Illinois's QB is out 3 weeks. Their first instinct to try in the Spring was probably correct.

It is possible to support PJ and hope for the best, while still missing Claeys.
Of course. All fans get to decide for themselves. We have fans that want to give Fleck more money than Saban ! We have fans that think Pitino is great.

Of course. All fans get to decide for themselves. We have fans that want to give Fleck more money than Saban ! We have fans that think Pitino is great.
Pitino is great, just not so much as a BB HC. :)

Pitino is great, just not so much as a BB HC. :)
I am fine with whatever fans decide for themselves. I was not a Kill guy as i was convinced that he would never win the conference. Some fans think this season is over. I still think there are many positive things on the checklist.

Mo was running great through 3 quarters. Then he hit a wall. 41 rushing attempts. The only other RB to get carries was Potts with 3. Good thing the season is short. Mo is going to get ridden into the ground. I’m not sure I disagree- I’m not sold on Potts or Wiley. Wiley has been rather poor on KO returns. And Potts has a short, awkward stride. He probably takes twice as many steps as Mo in the same distance. Look for it- once you see it you can’t unsee it.
Agree. Absolutely. You could see Mo’s legs got heavy in the fourth. Potts should’ve run more. But the only way this offense gets better is if Morgan runs the ball. Neither Michigan or Maryland worried about it.

I am fine with whatever fans decide for themselves. I was not a Kill guy as i was convinced that he would never win the conference. Some fans think this season is over. I still think there are many positive things on the checklist.
I'm also struck by many are resigned to "Oh well, on to next year." Sort of the "here we go again" attitude from years oast. Being critical now doesn't mean you want the Gophs to fail.

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy with how things are going for the Gophers. But before the seasons started I said to myself that this is going to be wacky year and crazy things are going to happen. Michigan St beating Michigan in the Big House?... I just don't think that too many long term decisins about coaches and teams should be based on what happens this year.

Agree. Absolutely. You could see Mo’s legs got heavy in the fourth. Potts should’ve run more. But the only way this offense gets better is if Morgan runs the ball. Neither Michigan or Maryland worried about it.
The QB running is not a planned part of Fleck's offense, if it was, Fleck would have recruited different QBs. He strongly prefers the QB not to run.

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy with how things are going for the Gophers. But before the seasons started I said to myself that this is going to be wacky year and crazy things are going to happen. Michigan St beating Michigan in the Big House?... I just don't think that too many long term decisins about coaches and teams should be based on what happens this year.
Mich St has won 7 times since 2010, including four times in Ann Arbor, 2010, 2015, 2017, and 2020.

It is possible to support PJ and hope for the best, while still missing Claeys.
Dude, that ship has sailed. For your own mental health, I would encourage you to let it go. If you need anything to motivate you, remember their recruiting left Demry Croft as the best option at QB in 2017.

Fire the coach and get somebody in here that'll do a better job. If that coach loses a game, fire him/her too. Continue this process until you win a game. Then once that winning coach loses a game, fire them and find one who will win every game until the end of time forever. We need to stop accepting losing.

Fire the coach and get somebody in here that'll do a better job. If that coach loses a game, fire him/her too. Continue this process until you win a game. Then once that winning coach loses a game, fire them and find one who will win every game until the end of time forever. We need to stop accepting losing.
I would rather wait to see if a coach can get above .500 in the conference or win the conference within 6-7 years. But i also believe in giving him 10 million dollars a year until he actually wins something.

Yeah well Fleck's season last year was better than anything Kill or Claeys ever did, so lets move on from those 2 shall we? We don't need to revisit the fact that they had only 2 offensive players drafted.

Mo was running great through 3 quarters. Then he hit a wall. 41 rushing attempts. The only other RB to get carries was Potts with 3. Good thing the season is short. Mo is going to get ridden into the ground. I’m not sure I disagree- I’m not sold on Potts or Wiley. Wiley has been rather poor on KO returns. And Potts has a short, awkward stride. He probably takes twice as many steps as Mo in the same distance. Look for it- once you see it you can’t unsee it.
Potts has looked very capable when given opportunity, which have been few and far between.

Snap the ball!!!!! 0 seconds or call a wasted timeout! Especially when Gophers are behind

Other than wasting timeouts, this is my biggest complaint of Fleck- he gets a lead and turns into his shell. The offense turns from “win the game” to “try and not lose the game” if they have a lead in the 4th quarter. The play calling goes super conservative, and other coaches should be able to play against this pretty easily (as seen tonight).

If your offense can score almost every time and your defense lets them score every time and your special teams are a disaster, you should be going for it on 4th down, even with a lead, even at or anywhere near mid field. You know the other team will score from their own 30 as easy as from the 50, but if you take a chance and get some first downs or god forbid, score again you can win that game.

Same with going for two in overtime, perfect situation, you just dominated them by running in untouched from the 2 yard line and you decide to tie again?????? Hoping defense will stop them?????? based on what? Dumbest decision yet, you have a chance for your offense to win with one play and you choose to TRY to push it out on some hopeful future defensive stand (after giving up 600 yards). Totally deserved to lose, missed extra point just put them out of their misery.

Top Bottom