U Tix Office and 2016 Season Tix Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNGoldenGophers1

Go4 Homer
Reaction score
I got my annual call from the U tix office and spoke with a nice young guy about last season and the upcoming 2016 season ticket renewal process. I know you're all anxiously awaiting my report. For those of you who are still reading this post, here's the gist of things. As I did last year, I explained to him that I already dropped two season tix and have no interest in buying additional season tix. I explained that the long term plan is to help out the U by eventually dropping my two remaining season tix so they can consolidate more of those empty corporate seats. He was very nice about hearing my thoughts in this regard.

Next he asked about the pick your pack or whatever you call them where in order to get tix for a "good" game like WI or Nebby, you have to buy a non-season dog like some directional school from IL. I politely told him when you can't sell out WI or Nebby, why would anyone in their right mind do this? A person is much better off scalping WI or Nebby for or at less than face value and getting the non-conference dog at somewhere between $10 and free.

We then chatted a bit about the upcoming season and he seem to agree with me that unless the team shows marked improvement from last season, it will take him alone about 20-minutes to call future season tix holders. Since I no longer drink the maroon and gold kool-aid for mental health reasons, I spared the nice young man what I really thought of this juggernaut of a football program. This is why I love GH so much as a venue to talk calmly and reasonably about our beloved U.

At the end of our conversation, the nice young guy assured me that my input was valuable and that I should call him directly if I should ever need any help. While I doubt my input will go anywhere, I do think the U tix rep was sincere about helping me within the confines of the U tix office shackles he must wear. With that I thanked him for his time.

I've noticed in the past season or two, the ticket reps have been super friendly and helpful, giving me their personal phone lines to contact for any Gopher sport tickets. Say what you will about their pricing and packages, at least the customer service has upped their game.

Say what you want, I enjoy some of the non conference nobody games, if only because the weather is pretty nice.

On the other hand opening up games Thursday nights blows ass.

It sure is funny reading people complain about their ticket prices going up. Especially when they know they can move their seats to a location that better suits their budget.

Also, non conference games are almost as good as conference games due to weather and better tailgating.

Say what you want, I enjoy some of the non conference nobody games, if only because the weather is pretty nice.

On the other hand opening up games Thursday nights blows ass.
I love the Thursday night season opener.

I've noticed in the past season or two, the ticket reps have been super friendly and helpful, giving me their personal phone lines to contact for any Gopher sport tickets. Say what you will about their pricing and packages, at least the customer service has upped their game.

Have to agree, though the Twins really have best in class of all Season Ticket hldr departments in Minnesota IMO. I wish the Gophers would have a dedicated rep, when I have to deal with a question sometimes i bounced all over the place a the U and the Twins keep a single point of contact.

Have to agree, though the Twins really have best in class of all Season Ticket hldr departments in Minnesota IMO. I wish the Gophers would have a dedicated rep, when I have to deal with a question sometimes i bounced all over the place a the U and the Twins keep a single point of contact.

I have a dedicated rep. He even came and found me at a game last year to say hi. I always go through the same guy for my questions. If you have season tickets I'm sure you can get one if you just ask.

When do they usually start mailing out the requests to get their $$?

We can pay the donation at the same time we pay for the seats correct? Don't remember how I paid for it all last year.

Non conference is. Underrated.... Weather is great. Fun tailgate

I got my annual call from the U tix office and spoke with a nice young guy about last season and the upcoming 2016 season ticket renewal process. I know you're all anxiously awaiting my report. For those of you who are still reading this post, here's the gist of things. As I did last year, I explained to him that I already dropped two season tix and have no interest in buying additional season tix. I explained that the long term plan is to help out the U by eventually dropping my two remaining season tix so they can consolidate more of those empty corporate seats. He was very nice about hearing my thoughts in this regard.

Next he asked about the pick your pack or whatever you call them where in order to get tix for a "good" game like WI or Nebby, you have to buy a non-season dog like some directional school from IL. I politely told him when you can't sell out WI or Nebby, why would anyone in their right mind do this? A person is much better off scalping WI or Nebby for or at less than face value and getting the non-conference dog at somewhere between $10 and free.

We then chatted a bit about the upcoming season and he seem to agree with me that unless the team shows marked improvement from last season, it will take him alone about 20-minutes to call future season tix holders. Since I no longer drink the maroon and gold kool-aid for mental health reasons, I spared the nice young man what I really thought of this juggernaut of a football program. This is why I love GH so much as a venue to talk calmly and reasonably about our beloved U.

At the end of our conversation, the nice young guy assured me that my input was valuable and that I should call him directly if I should ever need any help. While I doubt my input will go anywhere, I do think the U tix rep was sincere about helping me within the confines of the U tix office shackles he must wear. With that I thanked him for his time.

We will sure miss you.

I agree I been 4 games the last 3 years and they have all been non conference games. I plan on going to 2 games this year and will both be non conference. I enjoy the weather so do my friends! Thank you expecting a great year!

Non conference games are fun but nothing compares to Big Ten games.

Next year is when we really get hit hard. Price doubles for almost all areas of stadium.

The "donation" is doubled to $300 per ticket, on the way to disaster next year. This for a 6-7 record as Iowa, Wisconsin and Northwestern flew ahead of us.

What is the original posters point in posting this? To show how stupid those of us are for continuing to renew our season tickets? Or to suggest that the prices be lowered considerably? I guess I am missing the point unless he just wanted to pat himself on the back for being a smart guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom