U Cant Be Serious Tracy!

Reaction score
Tracy Claeys, Minnesota Head Coach

On his message to the team after the win…
“Our offense gave us a chance. We moved the ball and had a chance to score. We did a great job of finishing but I don’t care how big the lead gets early in the game. You are playing against quality, Big Ten opponents and they are going to keep fighting. For some reason, I guess we thought that because they hadn’t won a game in the Big Ten that they were just going to lay down with the big lead. So it’s a lesson to be learned there but again we made the plays at the end that we needed to make and now we go back to work on fixing some things.”

Rutgers is 2-6....In those losses they have been beat by a combined 197 points....not a quality B10 opponent....Sell me something else TC.

What's he going to say? Rutgers sucks and we should have won by 40?

How come you didn't join us last week after the nice win at Maryland?

What's more concerning is after (every?) game this year, Claeys has said "we need to fix some things". Eventually you expect these things to be fixed...

What's he going to say? Rutgers sucks and we should have won by 40?

How come you didn't join us last week after the nice win at Maryland?

To be fair the troll did join us the week before that game.

"And Maryland will throttle this horrible gopher team next week."

Tell the truth.....They didn't play well enough, coach well enough and Rutgers is a bottom feeder team.

You know that would never happen. There is a respect among coaches and players (usually) and you don't just call out teams or individuals as being garbage.

To be fair the troll did join us the week before that game.

"And Maryland will throttle this horrible gopher team next week."

gimme a break....Please tell me u are satisfied with what u have seen from this team this year....After 7 games they make the same mental and physical mistakes....That is coaching.....Another ho hum 6-7 wins and a toilet bowl....I guess u are happy with that.

Man, some people sure get ugly when thry're drunk.

Tracy Claeys, Minnesota Head Coach

On his message to the team after the win…
“Our offense gave us a chance. We moved the ball and had a chance to score. We did a great job of finishing but I don’t care how big the lead gets early in the game. You are playing against quality, Big Ten opponents and they are going to keep fighting. For some reason, I guess we thought that because they hadn’t won a game in the Big Ten that they were just going to lay down with the big lead. So it’s a lesson to be learned there but again we made the plays at the end that we needed to make and now we go back to work on fixing some things.”

Rutgers is 2-6....In those losses they have been beat by a combined 197 points....not a quality B10 opponent....Sell me something else TC.

I was OK with the terrible play and coaching. Just fine with almost losing. BUT how dare TC not insult the other team of college kids afterwards. Next he will give them credit for playing their best too. smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People keep pointing to Rutgers previous scores, weren't two of those games Michigan and Ohio State? Aren't one of their losses also to Washington? News flash, we aren't in that category people. We didn't play great against a not great team, but we won. Happens every week in college football. Are we really calling for the head of a 5-2 coach in his first year at Minnesota? Get a grip people.

People keep pointing to Rutgers previous scores, weren't two of those games Michigan and Ohio State? Aren't one of their losses also to Washington? News flash, we aren't in that category people. We didn't play great against a not great team, but we won. Happens every week in college football. Are we really calling for the head of a 5-2 coach in his first year at Minnesota? Get a grip people.

Rutgers lost to a very, very bad Illinois team at home last week by 17.....This should have been a two td + victory today if expectations are anywhere higher than mediocrity.

Rutgers lost to a very, very bad Illinois team at home last week by 17.....This should have been a two td + victory today if expectations are anywhere higher than mediocrity.

Rutgers had 5 TOs in IL territory in that game. They also had more yards offense than IL. The game was a lot different than you think by simply seeing the final score.

Wins and losses are all that matters at the end of the year. Not how close the games are. Like I said, games like this happen all over the place in college football every week. It's a tough enough racket as it is, I wouldn't be firing a coach every time he doesn't hit the point spread. Also, just my opinion, but the old score comparison thing is bull****, the game of football doesn't work like that. We beat Maryland, Maryland beat Purdue, Purdue beat Illinois, Illinois beat Rutgers...what does it mean? NOTHING! Like I said, Gophers didn't play well, but we won...we're 5-2...enjoy it. Tomorrow we can start worrying about Illinois.

Tell the truth.....They didn't play well enough, coach well enough and Rutgers is a bottom feeder team.

I hope we never have a coach that would be that big of a jerk. Either way what does that accomplish?

And how come you didn't answer my question asking why you didn't join us last week after the Maryland win? You seem to have a ton of time to tell everyone how much we suck after disappointing games but don't have time to enjoy the wins with us.

I hope we never have a coach that would be that big of a jerk. Either way what does that accomplish?

And how come you didn't answer my question asking why you didn't join us last week after the Maryland win? You seem to have a ton of time to tell everyone how much we suck after disappointing games but don't have time to enjoy the wins with us.
Probably a Becky troll.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

What's more concerning is after (every?) game this year, Claeys has said "we need to fix some things". Eventually you expect these things to be fixed...
^^ This

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Every coach in America says the same thing. It's cliche.

Exactly. TC has turned into a clichéd excuse maker for this team. What happened to having "the best talent in the West (division)?"

TC has turned into a windsock wearing flip-flops.

Exactly. TC has turned into a clichéd excuse maker for this team. What happened to having "the best talent in the West (division)?"

TC has turned into a windsock wearing flip-flops.

A coach said he had the most talent in the west and you looney birds keep ripping him for saying it. You would prefer he say the opposite? How would his team feel about that?

A coach said he had the most talent in the west and you looney birds keep ripping him for saying it. You would prefer he say the opposite? How would his team feel about that?

I would prefer that he coach them like he knows WTF to do with that talent.

Totally different topic.

Go look up what the better teams say when they eek out a close one vs us when they should pound us, same stuff.

The spazzes in this forum who think they can just go get Les will go nutz the first week with his coach speak too...

I think we should hire a professional speech writer as a coach. We may go 0-12 every year but at least our coach will say the right things to keep people happy.

I think we should start a new tradition. It would be the coaches and players get chased around the stadium by the Media and Legal professionals set to the Benny Hill chase music.

I like you! We need more fans like you with very high expectations. It's the low expectation fans who are the problem. No matter what claeys says he's wrong because he didn't win by enough. This is the mindset our entire fan base needs to hold for us to get to Michigan osu level again.

I like you! We need more fans like you with very high expectations. It's the low expectation fans who are the problem. No matter what claeys says he's wrong because he didn't win by enough. This is the mindset our entire fan base needs to hold for us to get to Michigan osu level again.

I'm going to start talking like this also. I invite everyone who will listen to share this mindset. If enough believe, we may never lose another game ever.

Rutgers had 5 TOs in IL territory in that game. They also had more yards offense than IL. The game was a lot different than you think by simply seeing the final score.

Great for Rutgers, they played well in a 17 point loss to Illinois.

They also lost 78-0 to Michigan. And 58-0 to Ohio St. And were out scored 178-14 in their first 4 big ten games.

And the darling of college football Tom Hermann has now lost to Navy and SMU, everyone had him as the next Bear Bryant. I can't believe the way Claeys is getting lambasted for this win. Key players on the defense are suspended. Leidner still is very inconsistent and quite honestly the offensive line just isn't quite there yet. I still think the future is leaning towards bright rather than dim. Maryland beats Michigan St, and as I am typing PSU just took the lead over the Buckeyes, you can't make this stuff up. Let's just keep on keeping on!

Great for Rutgers, they played well in a 17 point loss to Illinois.

They also lost 78-0 to Michigan. And 58-0 to Ohio St. And were out scored 178-14 in their first 4 big ten games.

Well, we took PSU to OT and tOSU just got beat by them in regulation. So we are good. This is fun.

And, Urban Meyer should be fired.

Top Bottom