Tyre McCants

gophers141

Reaction score
Saw on Gopher Illustrated that we made an offer to McCants. His 40 is listed as 4.45, he could definitely add some needed breakaway speed to the WR position.

Does anyone know if we actually have a shot with him?

We've had an offer out for him for a long time, but nothing seems to be happening in his recruitment with pretty much anyone. We haven't visited since Oct 9th, which means there's probably nothing there.

If you want to know who the staff is seriously in on, look at their visits and look at who is visiting us. "Offers" really don't mean **** if it's not followed up by continued contact.

On that note, however, it's interesting how the staff has pretty much abandoned Florida this year. Unless a late commit comes out of left field (or interest picks back up with McCants), we won't have a single commit from the state of Florida. I wonder when the last time that happened was.

I think that Howell is still a possibility out of Florida but it looks like Alabama has replaced Florida as a go to state for recruits.

I was talking about Alabama supplementing Florida. It used to be the Midwest, Texas, Florida it now seems to be the Midwest, Texas, Alabama. As it stands it's Texas 2 Alabama 2 for commitments with Mims a strong possibility for a third commit from Alabama.

I think that Howell is still a possibility out of Florida but it looks like Alabama has replaced Florida as a go to state for recruits.

Harold Howell?

Ah, the memories

Harold Howell?

Ah, the memories

Too bad they outlawed Stick 'um. Harold had some serious speed. Problem is the fumbling killed his career.

Well, the fumbling and the reluctance to go to school.

Saw on Gopher Illustrated that we made an offer to McCants. His 40 is listed as 4.45, he could definitely add some needed breakaway speed to the WR position.

Does anyone know if we actually have a shot with him?

He's being recruited as a defensive back, not receiver.

Top Bottom