Tyler Johnson

The Rams signed Johnson to the 53-man roster Tuesday caught a TD today i kind of thought he would of been better in the pros then hes been so far
The average length of nfl is 3.3 years. This is year 4 I think for him. Still in it.
I hoped he would be more productive but to still be in the league is a big deal

The average length of nfl is 3.3 years. This is year 4 I think for him. Still in it.
It takes at least 3 years of service time to qualify for the NFLPA pension. Anyone that does to that alone is productive in my book.

It takes at least 3 years of service time to qualify for the NFLPA pension. Anyone that does to that alone is productive in my book.
I'm not sure he's qualified for a pension, he has two qualifying years, but only got into one game this year and two last year. I believe he needs to be on the active roster for 3 games to qualify.

I'm not sure he's qualified for a pension, he has two qualifying years, but only got into one game this year and two last year. I believe he needs to be on the active roster for 3 games to qualify.
You're right, my bad. I thought he made it last year but he only played 2 games with Houston.

Playoff games count, so if he is activated this week for the Rams playoff game he would have a shot if they beat the Lions.

I saw Laquon Treadwell catch a pass for Baltimore on Saturday. He's in year 8! Helped he got a 4 year deal as a rookie.

He's got 4 years with 6 or catches or less.
2 years with 1 catch
Played more than 10 games in 4 of 8 years.
7 different teams

I thought Johnson's career would go better than it has thus far. He's not that explosive, but he's really strong and can battle DBs on 50/50 balls.

Nice to see him make the most of his opportunity with the limited play time he got this year in a talented WR Core. Hopefully he can stick around and continue to earn more opportunities or go to a team looking for a nice WR3/WR4!

Nice catch in that tweet above. Hopefully that will motivate him to do well in the playoffs and carry over in the off season to keep in shape etc.

Love seeing the success. 3-4 years in the League is legit - kids a pro football player.

30 years from now he's gonna be holding court about playing in the league catching passing from HOF'ers.

Drops the easy ones and catches the tough ones......Glad he got picked up.....He got on Brady’s bad side at Tampa, which is tough to recover from.

he was a great gopher. Dropped balls have plagued his pro career. Happy to see him have some success!
He was a great Gopher, he had two of the all time best catches I have seen in my long time as a Gopher fan. The first was the one from ZA after a long scramble along the sideline and obviously the second was the catch in the bowl game at the back of the endzone, which is still unbelievable.

He was a great Gopher, he had two of the all time best catches I have seen in my long time as a Gopher fan. The first was the one from ZA after a long scramble along the sideline and obviously the second was the catch in the bowl game at the back of the endzone, which is still unbelievable.
The bowl game one for sure. I'd also add the one-handed catch for TD against PSU that year when the defender was holding his other arm down. He made some ridiculously tough catches look easy.

He also dropped the key 4th down pass against Iowa that cost the game in 2019.

Great catches...maddening drops

Hopefully, he can get that pension vested next season. I doubt he'll be set for life playing football, but it'd be sweet if he can play well enough to get 1 more contract worth a couple million guaranteed.
If dude continues to stay on the up and up like he has, there are a ton of businesses across the state who would be thrilled to have him on their employee roster once his pro career is over, too.

You're right, my bad. I thought he made it last year but he only played 2 games with Houston.

Playoff games count, so if he is activated this week for the Rams playoff game he would have a shot if they beat the Lions.
I’ve been trying to figure out how they credit since y’all were discussing this topic.

I think he has 4 credited years. Inactive roster counts. And in Houston he signed in August and was released October 25th.

And for the Rams last season it was the whole year, with 1 game. It is very difficult to find those details for the teams IR.

I got a link, see the two paragraphs above the highlighted portion. Here’s to hoping he at least has the 3 seasons already!

Top Bottom