Two Teams I know of award a number based on excellence, and selfless play

husker70

Reaction score
The first is USC who withholds number 55 in memory of Junior Seau. You must be elite to wear the number and join Club 55. The members include Willie McGinnist, Chris Claiborne, and Keith Rivers.

At LSU number 18 has been handed down to an elite player who shows selfless leadership both on the field and off. This started in 2003 Championship Matt Mauk gave his 18 Jersey to Jacob Hester who was on the 2007 Championship team. Number 18 is voted on to award this to a player who is excellent on and off the field. Junior Cornerback Tre’Davious White to wear 18.

Where am I going with this? Last year a running back came out of nowhere to lead the rushing attack of the Gophers, David Cobb number 27. And again this year Holy Shannon Brooks number 27. Upon further review I find James Johannesson also was assigned 27.

Could this be Club 27?

You forgot the most famous of all, which is Syracuse and the #44.

The first is USC who withholds number 55 in memory of Junior Seau. You must be elite to wear the number and join Club 55. The members include Willie McGinnist, Chris Claiborne, and Keith Rivers.

At LSU number 18 has been handed down to an elite player who shows selfless leadership both on the field and off. This started in 2003 Championship Matt Mauk gave his 18 Jersey to Jacob Hester who was on the 2007 Championship team. Number 18 is voted on to award this to a player who is excellent on and off the field. Junior Cornerback Tre’Davious White to wear 18.

Where am I going with this? Last year a running back came out of nowhere to lead the rushing attack of the Gophers, David Cobb number 27. And again this year Holy Shannon Brooks number 27. Upon further review I find James Johannesson also was assigned 27.

Could this be Club 27?

Maybe we should let SB27 carry a ball in more than 1 game before we crown him?

Top Bottom