Two quick observations...

sal

Reaction score
as we head into conference play.

1. Tubby is going to go start with Iverson and Sampson playing together as we head into the B10. They are playing better as a tandem now than there first outing and both have been pretty good about staying away from cheap fouls. It's more than an experiment, it's what other teams must prepare for.

2. Despite point 1, we are still really struggling with defensive rebounding. We don't have a dominant rebounder on this team. Iverson has the potential to be one IMO, but he's not there yet. Johnson and Carter must be quick to the ball and steal everyone they can. Big Jon must be a big bully and get the ones he should. If the rebounding numbers are not close against MSU, we will have an up hill climb.

Last night it looked like 90% of High Points offensive rebounds came with Williams in the game. Not good at all. I still can't figure out how someone that big can't clear out the lane.

Jon only played 7 minutes...

so there is plenty of improvement to be made by all.

Last night it looked like 90% of High Points offensive rebounds came with Williams in the game. Not good at all. I still can't figure out how someone that big can't clear out the lane.

It is really difficult to get any rebounds if your under the basket or behind the backboard where Williams usually "sets up"

He also has Tollackson ups, and if anything, got in the way of the Gopher wings who were going for the offensive boards but couldn't get above or around Williams.

Jon Williams didn't look like he belonged on High Point...I think Damian was doing a better job as the center when we was in there. The first thing Jon needs to take care of: get in shape. I'm not trying to be harsh...he just didn't look like he belonged out there.

Top Bottom