Two QBs Going Forward?

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
I know the saying is something like "If you're playing two QBs you don't have one" or similar. There's good data to support that saying.

That offered, is it time to play both Tanner and Athan if Tanner gets well...even starting next weekend against Rutgers?

Not advocating this as it is very important to win two more games...one for The Axe and one for The Pig...that also gets us bowl eligible NO MATTER WHERE or IN WHAT BOWL.

I think it's a real decision in front of the coaches after tonight...

I know the saying is something like "If you're playing two QBs you don't have one" or similar. There's good data to support that saying.

That offered, is it time to play both Tanner and Athan if Tanner gets well...even starting next weekend against Rutgers?

Not advocating this as it is very important to win two more games...one for The Axe and one for The Pig...that also gets us bowl eligible NO MATTER WHERE or IN WHAT BOWL.

I think it's a real decision in front of the coaches after tonight...
No reason to play two. Kaliakmanis showed tonight he gives us the best chance to win.

What game were you watching? First start as a freshman. Receivers had no separation and he was the problem. LOL
Every time there was pressure he was bailing from pocket and throwing away vs stepping up and making decent throw

Every time there was pressure he was bailing from pocket and throwing away vs stepping up and making decent throw
Yep, that's on him. It had nothing to do with the fact that 80% of his throws were on third and long with bad receivers, against one of the best defensive backfields in the country under constant pressure. Given the situation, he played decent.

Did you notice that every reception we had today, the guy was pretty covered? You think maybe on those throws when he threw the ball away that was actually our best choice?

AK needs a lot of seasoning ,which he was denied in our early blowout wins. Tanner was 4 of 12 last week and has been inept in some of our losses over the past two seasons. If he's faltering, I'd like to see more of AK, who can run a bit, got things going with two receivers today, and has more natural ability that Morgan.

Game 1 … Those receivers, that offensive line, throwing on third and long only to begin, that truly hostile atmosphere..:AK was by far the most optimistic thing I have seen for 2023. He’s our best player coming back on offense! He can be very good!
Curious, who would be our 2nd best player returning? He could use some help!

Game 1 … Those receivers, that offensive line, throwing on third and long only to begin, that truly hostile atmosphere..:AK was by far the most optimistic thing I have seen for 2023. He’s our best player coming back on offense! He can be very good!
I rule it out being a receiver or O Lineman. Next open receiver I see will be the first and O line is swinging gate.

PJ is loyal to a fault with Morgan and if healthy he will stick with him. Kaliakmanis would be the smarter play going forward because this team is going to have a hard time competing with anyone left on the schedule.

Bringing back Morgan and Ibrahim was the worst possible thing for this mediocre team. Why would you compound that mistake by playing Morgan after the season is essentially finished?

Let Morgan start his future as a coach…cuz it ain’t going to continue as a player.

I’d agree with starting AK in games and stop supporting TM. TM already has all the UMN’s QB records, he’s not going to play on Sundays, why are we going to still play and develop him? Don’t even give me “he’ll give us the best chance to win” defense! Nah bro, he won’t!

Start developing AK and let’s get this kid some experiences while we have Mo and Schmidt and hopefully some wins!

We gonna suck next couple of years with all of our younger players. No O line, no WRs, no DL, no LBs, some great young commits coming in but won’t have much veteran experiences.

So much for the “Encore 4”

Last edited:

Depends on who we're playing. Morgan is the better option for running the offense if the line can give him ample time to throw. Now....against a team like Iowa....who will probably have guys blowing past Carroll all game....AK with his ability to run might be the play.

We should never seen number two again I thought considering the circumstances number eight did great last night. Both eight and nine have the potential to be Gamechangers to me the position above all that has promise going forward is quarterback.

Right now MN has one RB, having averymobile QB wouldgivethem little more balance.
The OL was hasbeen shown not to be very good at pass protection, again amor mobile QB isan asset.
If one QB has a much stronger arm, why not use him?
A few years agoChryst stubbornly out of a sense of loyalty stuck with Hornibrook even though he was an interception machine and waspoison in the locker room.
That put Chryst on the slippery slope

AK got the jitters out of the way, looked poised, and I say unleash him to get ready for next year.

I could get into that win or lose.

That's not what is going to happen, though.

Gawd, let's get to gopher hoops.

CRAB seemed to indicate he would be back....so if that happens there is some big help right there.

CRAB seemed to indicate he would be back....so if that happens there is some big help right there.
What exactly was the depth of his injury. A regular tear that is going to see him be ready next year? What is the timetable for him to be able to go?

What exactly was the depth of his injury. A regular tear that is going to see him be ready next year? What is the timetable for him to be able to go?
Not a clue but unless it was something catastrophic and career ending it would seem like he would have plenty of time to rehab and be ready to go by the start of next season given that the injury happened early in this one.

We are about to see a make or break coaching decision. You can forget AK. Abdul Khalid can’t come back. Athan? Yeah.

Right now MN has one RB, having averymobile QB wouldgivethem little more balance.
The OL was hasbeen shown not to be very good at pass protection, again amor mobile QB isan asset.
If one QB has a much stronger arm, why not use him?
A few years agoChryst stubbornly out of a sense of loyalty stuck with Hornibrook even though he was an interception machine and waspoison in the locker room.
That put Chryst on the slippery slope
You mind redoing this post in English please?

Top Bottom