Twitter reaction to our "kicker distraction" video

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Their kicker missed that 30 yard field goal on the other end of the field......

Their kicker missed that 30 yard field goal on the other end of the field......

I love stink eye Goldy! The Becky kicker shanked one when he had his debut last year- keep it coming...

I read a couple guys on the TCU board today who were wondering if it was legal haha

I read a couple guys on the TCU board today who were wondering if it was legal haha

We did it last year and nothing was said about it. So my guess it is as long as there is nothing moving on the screen.

We did it last year and nothing was said about it. So my guess it is as long as there is nothing moving on the screen.
I'm guessing rules only apply to audio since the giant video boards that could actually make a difference are relatively new. I know the band/PA has to stop once the offense breaks the huddle (I think), but I'm guessing when that rule was made there wasn't even the possibility of video "interference".

I'm guessing rules only apply to audio since the giant video boards that could actually make a difference are relatively new. I know the band/PA has to stop once the offense breaks the huddle (I think), but I'm guessing when that rule was made there wasn't even the possibility of video "interference".

When the linebacker puts his hand on the ball is when we have to stop playing (at least in the big ten, its different in other conferences). Makes no huddle offences a bit frustrating when we queue up something to play, and then can't! Ha-ha.

I was actually thinking that the live feed of the game playing when Santos was kicking would be more distracting than stink eye goldy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the graphic and hope they keep using it but the actual impact of it on the game should be next to nothing. If the field goal kicker is doing his job right he is not looking anywhere close to the video board until well after the ball is kicked.

When the linebacker puts his hand on the ball is when we have to stop playing (at least in the big ten, its different in other conferences). Makes no huddle offences a bit frustrating when we queue up something to play, and then can't! Ha-ha.
Speaking of. It was interesting how the band couldn't get out the "First Down" song and dance when we switched to no huddle. Sounded like mumble mumble what's going on silence. If we still to the no huddle wrinkle we might need to get rid of the "and that's another golden gopher first down". It takes 10 seconds just to say that line!

Speaking of. It was interesting how the band couldn't get out the "First Down" song and dance when we switched to no huddle. Sounded like mumble mumble what's going on silence. If we still to the no huddle wrinkle we might need to get rid of the "and that's another golden gopher first down". It takes 10 seconds just to say that line!

There was a lot of frantic, last minute shouts of don't play. We started to play over the announcer to get our playing out, rather than waiting for our cue at the end of the line.

Top Bottom