Twins/Vikings/Wild/Wolves Championship appearance drought tracker

This stretch is honestly remarkable and honestly, I think we're still so incredibly far away. In a way, I hope this stretch goes on forever.

This stretch is honestly remarkable and honestly, I think we're still so incredibly far away. In a way, I hope this stretch goes on forever.
This baseball Postseason gives me hope on 2 fronts.

- The Twins actually advanced a round.
- 2 Wild Cards got in the WS.

In this current format, anyone that gets in the tournament with good pitching has a shot.

I don't think any of the teams are that far away. The Twins and Wolves are the closest.

The only fitting way for this streak to end is for the worst franchise in sports - the Wolves - to end it.

I reject that the Lions 1957 pre-Super Bowl championship is valid for this metric.

Lions are still ahead of us on the list. Won't change my mind. 🖕

Last edited:

Most Stanley Cups - 24/Montreal Canadians.

Most NBA Championships - 17/Minneapolis-Los Angeles Lakers (tied with Boston).

Our Wild & Timberwolves just kicked their asses respectively in the Twins Cities tonight.

Ok, they were both closely contested games...but work with me here.

Last edited:

Twolves Bucks NBA Finals.

Would that be the lowest TV draw for an NBA Finals of all time? TV execs trying to figure out how to stop it :ROFLMAO:

They were talking last night on the news about what has to happen for the Vikes to make the playoffs, and both my wife and I were like, would you just stop!
They have like a 4% chance IF they win. And Dan Campbell sounds fired up and ready to pretend all the Vikings are NFL refs. A 20 point loss is more likely.

I reject that the Lions 1957 pre-Super Bowl championship is valid for this metric.

Lions are still ahead of us on the list. Won't change my mind. 🖕
This post is still correct … but sadly has a chance sooner than later to get corrected.

This post is still correct … but sadly has a chance sooner than later to get corrected.
The 1957 NFL Champions banner looked pretty cool when they showed it on ESPN during the recent Gopher Bowl victory in Detroit.

The Wild are telling the Vikings "Hold my beer!" with regards to the counter.

This number is false by one. Correct number is 120.

This was discussed and figured out a couple pages back.

False and silly to include the 1994 Twins in the count.

This has already been talked about, likely on this thread, but there really aren’t that many comparably markets that have all four.

It’s really Denver. And they’ve had great success other than the Rockies.

I think cumulative sport-seasons without a championship or championship appearance is a much better measure.

This has already been talked about, likely on this thread, but there really aren’t that many comparably markets that have all four.

I think cumulative sport-seasons without a championship or championship appearance is a much better measure.
You talking just size of the market or what do you mean by comparable?

Phoenix is the closest comp, all 4 major sports, and a P5 college program that doesn't win much in the same area. And as the article states, Phoenix is the second most suffering city behind us. Though they've at least been to a few finals (re: Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, etc.) since the DBacks last won.

Go Gophers!!

Phoenix is the closest comp, all 4 major sports, and a P5 college program that doesn't win much in the same area. And as the article states, Phoenix is the second most suffering city behind us. Though they've at least been to a few finals (re: Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, etc.) since the DBacks last won.

Go Gophers!!
By CSA population, Denver is closest and then Seattle is slightly closer to MSP than PHX. Yes obviously Seattle won't have all four until the Sonics come back. But I'm sure they will sooner than later, with the newly renovated arena. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_statistical_area#List_of_Combined_Statistical_Areas

All four are interesting in that all four have all four major pro sports and a P5 college. Boulder is obviously a bit of a drive but the other three are right in the urban core (for as much as a thing exists for PHX).

You talking just size of the market or what do you mean by comparable?
Both that but also once you get East there's just so much more total population, more close together.

Western markets, other than California, are like outposts compared to Eastern markets.

For example, I have more of a problem comparing to Detroit than to Denver or Seattle. They're all reasonably comparable, but Detroit is right in a breadbasket of 80M (or whatever the number is) people in the core Great Lakes region.

What’s situation for playoff elimination?

Go Gophers!!
7 points back of the Kings with only 7 games to go for the 2nd Wild Card. Would also have to pass the Blues (3 pts back).

Top Bottom