Tweet says SH not signing with usc

gophergv

Reaction score
PeteThamelNYT

BREAKING NEWS: Top recruit Seantrel Henderson will not sign #USC LOI because of specter NCAA probation. Details in a few http://bit.ly/yEipO

who is the troll Gopher Ace

Post the link with the thread next time.... and title the thread correctly. Still waiting on the link that says "hes not signing with USC"
Hasnt signed would have been more appropriate.

I see that too on the GophersNow tweet, but every recruiting service says he has signed. So I dont believe it.

New York Times tweeted it also 20 min ago.

PeteThamelNYT BREAKING NEWS: Top recruit Seantrel Henderson will not sign #USC LOI because of specter NCAA probation. Details in a few

Awesome!

Now we only need tOSU to get probation, Miami (FL) to get probation, and then we might be neck and neck with ND.

NYT Blog

Top U.S.C. Recruit Is Not Signed Yet
By THAYER EVANS

Seantrel Henderson, the highly recruited offensive lineman who announced Wednesday that he was going to Southern California, has not signed a letter of intent to play for the Trojans.

According to Henderson’s father, Sean, he will wait until U.S.C. appears before an N.C.A.A. infractions committee from Feb. 19-21 to hear about possible sanctions for the program before deciding whether to sign the letter. Though the Trojans are not likely to hear about any possible sanctions at that time, Sean Henderson said the hearing would give the family a sense of where the process was headed.

Henderson has until April 1 to sign a letter of intent. After that, Seantrel Henderson could find himself in a situation similar to Terrelle Pryor in 2008. Sean Henderson declined further comment.

His "class act" family is really playing fast and loose with the young man's future. Anyone with sense would stay away from USC. What drew raves as a wonderful recruiting process from some quarters is fast becoming a real circus.

if wouldn't surprise me one bit if he wasn't paid to go there.

Can Brew talk to him anytime soon??

The guy at USC's Rivals site denied, but it's now obvious he was wrong.

if wouldn't surprise me one bit if he wasn't paid to go there.

This is well within the realm of truth which in itself is outrageous and one of the barriers coaches like Brewster have to try and deal with.

With the utter dissapointment that has been Minnesota sports this year, it would only seem fitting that Seantrel ends up switching over and signs with the Gophers. However, just before the season begins, we find out he is academically ineligible and can't make it into school.

Actually, SH hasn't qualified academically yet so you may be onto something....

His "class act" family is really playing fast and loose with the young man's future. Anyone with sense would stay away from USC. What drew raves as a wonderful recruiting process from some quarters is fast becoming a real circus.

Fast and loose? I view this as slow and cautious. The fact that they are waiting to sign shows how smart they are, and if there are issues - they can go elsewhere.

Fast and loose? I view this as slow and cautious. The fact that they are waiting to sign shows how smart they are, and if there are issues - they can go elsewhere.
You're probably right. They knew about the possible sanctions, but they wanted to make the committment on signing day, so they announced for USC, but didn't take the extra step to make everything official.

No, because "fast and loose" refers to how there is a lot more going on with this family and recruiting than just where the young man is going to attend school. Too many irons in the fire, someone gets burned and the most vulnerable is the one who should be protected not used.

I'd probably take my chances on the top recruit in the country. Either way, I don't expect him to be a Gopher.

How does this work now for him? He just has an indefinite period of time to send in his LOI? If sanctions aren't decided for some time, what's his next move? I imagine trying to mend the whole "your pitch attempt was long-winded and boring" thing with OSU will be a little difficult. That said, Miami seems like it would work out for them if USC falls through.

How much time did they have to make the decision again? So, there's something they didn't know already that causing them to take pause before signing the LOI with the school he (finally) decided to commit to attending?

Sorry, but I'm now convinced that this family--or at least a member of it--is one of the biggest attention hounds on the planet.

Smart? Sorry, can't let that one go Gopher Lady. I know how much you care, but smart would have been to back off before they made a nationally televised public announcement. If there is something I'm missing about that sequence of events please advise, because the whole thing seems more than strange.

I'd probably take my chances on the top recruit in the country. Either way, I don't expect him to be a Gopher.

How does this work now for him? He just has an indefinite period of time to send in his LOI? If sanctions aren't decided for some time, what's his next move? I imagine trying to mend the whole "your pitch attempt was long-winded and boring" thing with OSU will be a little difficult. That said, Miami seems like it would work out for them if USC falls through.
I think all LOIs need to be signed by April 1.

Every program in the country will wait for Henderson to make his decision. No risk at all for him.

I'm still waiting for the youtube. Maybe Sean Henderson can team up with Black & White.

I officially stopped caring about Seantrel Henderson after the interview with his father regarding Lane Kiffin's recruiting visit. Any family that believes the amount of crap spewed by Kiffin on an ongoing basis and thinks he's an "honest, straight-forward guy" is of no interest to me, regardless of how good a football player they may be.

In other words, I'll be more than happy to forget about Henderson from here on out.

Top Bottom