TV for the Colorado game

kg21

Reaction score
The Pac 12 Network

What the hell? Direct tv does not carry the channel.

The Pac 12 Network

What the hell? Direct tv does not carry the channel.
Someone in another thread mentioned that it comes with fubo tv (streaming service) and they have a 7 day free trial. I'm going to sign up to that a few days in advance to see if it works.

Someone in another thread mentioned that it comes with fubo tv (streaming service) and they have a 7 day free trial. I'm going to sign up to that a few days in advance to see if it works.
Got it. Didn't see it in another thread.

How lame is this though.

How lame is this though.
Someone also mentioned uzzu which is an iptv, and then someone else linked to an article saying it's piracy -- but you can legitimately get it through roku

How lame is this though.
Well some people don’t get big ten or other channels so it’s like that but affects you and that doesn’t.

The nice thing about streaming is as far as cancellation you don’t have to go through the cable and satellite telephone trees with retention and have someone tell you they cancelled service and they just have to “push it through” (but find out a month later they didn’t push it through ). My experience after starting and stoppping several services is it’s as simple as logging into your account and cancelling. No BS (so far).

I did the Fubo free trial to get some Pac12 softball games last Spring and actually kept it for a couple months along with our normal YouTubeTV. It worked well. Their sports offerings better than YouTubeTV. With Google and Roku fighting, me being a big Roku fan, I've been considering going with Fubo as my main.

Someone also mentioned uzzu which is an iptv, and then someone else linked to an article saying it's piracy -- but you can legitimately get it through roku
Roku has the app, but the service is piracy (is what I got from the article). Just depends how comfortable you are paying for pirated streams and giving money to a company that would do that. I will probably just add pac 12 network through comcast for 1 day or do the fubo trial.

Roku has the app, but the service is piracy (is what I got from the article). Just depends how comfortable you are paying for pirated streams and giving money to a company that would do that. I will probably just add pac 12 network through comcast for 1 day or do the fubo trial.
I agree with the "if its too good" line of thinking of uzzu -- but Roku claims that they do not allow pirated content on their apps.

I agree with the "if its too good" line of thinking of uzzu -- but Roku claims that they do not allow pirated content on their apps.
Are you seeing an Uzzu app in Roku? Mine shows no app when I search for Uzzu.

I have SlingTV now and I get it with their "Sports Add On" package, which is about $11 addition. They're having a sale right now so that's an option.

For $10 a month you can get all the conference channels on DTV. I do. Guess that’s too steep.

Are you seeing an Uzzu app in Roku? Mine shows no app when I search for Uzzu.
I don't have it either! I just recall reading in the article that it was in the Roku store -- or maybe from the poster who brought it up originally. One has to use a "private channel" per uzzu -- seems legit 😂

I don't have it either! I just recall reading in the article that it was in the Roku store -- or maybe from the poster who brought it up originally. One has to use a "private channel" per uzzu -- seems legit 😂
I read it got taken off Roku earlier this year so you have to use the "workaround" now.

was noodling around on the internet.

Reddit used to have that thread of 'free' (i.e. pirate) streams, but that was taken down. I used it in the past to find streams of Gopher football or basketball games that were not on B1G or ESPN.

There is some site called SportSurge that promotes free streaming of games. anyone know anything about it?

I will be facing same situation for the Miami (OH) game. It is on ESPN-U, which my cable TV system does not carry. I do subscribe to ESPN+, but I don't think they pick up the ESPN-U games.

and before anyone asks, I don't know Roku from a hole in the ground. 66-years old and not tech-savvy. I had to have a kid at work show me how to use my phone to scan one of those QR code things. life used to be so much simpler................

Reddit used to have that thread of 'free' (i.e. pirate) streams, but that was taken down. I used it in the past to find streams of Gopher football or basketball games that were not on B1G or ESPN.

There is some site called SportSurge that promotes free streaming of games. anyone know anything about it?

I will be facing same situation for the Miami (OH) game. It is on ESPN-U, which my cable TV system does not carry. I do subscribe to ESPN+, but I don't think they pick up the ESPN-U games.

and before anyone asks, I don't know Roku from a hole in the ground. 66-years old and not tech-savvy. I had to have a kid at work show me how to use my phone to scan one of those QR code things. life used to be so much simpler................
Are you willing to pay for a service? You could watch on a computer or tablet if you don't want to try to do Roku on your TV.
This article has options for ESPN u.

There is a streaming service called Vidgo that has a first month for $10 offer then $55/month. Do not know anything about it but seems to have lots of sports channels

Not familiar with that one but I've used firstrowsports and VIPbox. Not sure what the full address for either are anymore as they change the domain constantly as they are shut down.

If you can handle dealing with closing out a ton of pop ups before the video pops up, a decent amount of refreshes during the game, and somewhat lower quality video you should be able to find the game.

I just added fubo to my roku lineup but I have not yet pulled the trigger on the free trial period of seven days. I am not seeing PAC 12 network in the channel lineup and when I look on line it says...

"FuboTV is a good place to go for sports channels, including Pac-12. There are 2 preferred options to get the Pac-12 Network with fuboTV. You can subscribe to the fuboTV starter plan for $64.99/month (after 7-day free trial) and then add the $7.99 “fuboTV Extra” add on package to get Pac-12. Another option is to just subscribe to the fuboTV “Elite” channel plan for $79.99 per month. FuboTV Elite already includes the add-on package that provides Pac-12. Aside from the extra channels, fuboTV Elite provides the ability to stream on 10 screens at once (as opposed to 3 with “Starter”) and provides 1000 hours of cloud DVR space instead of the 250 hours you get with the “Starter” plan.

The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. Your login credentials for FuboTV will also work for the Pac-12 app."

This leads me to believe there are extra steps involved beyond simply signing up for the free trial. Is that correct? Anyone simply sign up for the free trial and can confirm it has the PAC 12 channel without having to take extra steps?

Sportsurge.net is ran by the same people who ran the sub Reddit. Sportsurge is the same thing just a website with all the links you would have found on Reddit. But it is definitely not legal.

Sportsurge.net is ran by the same people who ran the sub Reddit. Sportsurge is the same thing just a website with all the links you would have found on Reddit. But it is definitely not legal.
It's not and it's filled with adware, bad links, etc. I've definitely used it, but make sure you're using a mobile device or a PC with good virus protection. I think most ppl are best served by doing a free trial of a legit service that carries the channel. But like I mentioned in another thread, I use seasons4u and it works for everything. You have to pay in crypto tho lol...

I realize how this sounds, but I just don't like the idea of signing up for a "free" trial when I have no intention of keeping that service. It just doesn't seem ethical, for lack of a better word.

But, (and this also makes me sound nuts), I don't have the same objections to using an illegal streaming site.

short story - back in the mid-90's, I was living in Iowa. My cable TV was all messed up. kept calling for a service man, and finally the company sent a guy out. figured out that the cable from my house to the nearest pole was too low, and squirrels were jumping from trees onto the cable and chewing on the cable, causing signal loss. True story. So the guy replaced the cable, but when he hooked me back up, suddenly I had free HBO. I was ticked off because they had taken so long to come out and fix the problem, so I said bleep it and watched free HBO for several months until they figured it out.

I realize how this sounds, but I just don't like the idea of signing up for a "free" trial when I have no intention of keeping that service. It just doesn't seem ethical, for lack of a better word.

But, (and this also makes me sound nuts), I don't have the same objections to using an illegal streaming site.

short story - back in the mid-90's, I was living in Iowa. My cable TV was all messed up. kept calling for a service man, and finally the company sent a guy out. figured out that the cable from my house to the nearest pole was too low, and squirrels were jumping from trees onto the cable and chewing on the cable, causing signal loss. True story. So the guy replaced the cable, but when he hooked me back up, suddenly I had free HBO. I was ticked off because they had taken so long to come out and fix the problem, so I said bleep it and watched free HBO for several months until they figured it out.
The "free" trail period is offered by multiple sites because many people forget they signed up and forget to cancel or the sites make you jump through numerous hoops to cancel.
If you sign up via your Roku account, cancelling is very easy.
Ethics and most apps do not belong in the same sentence.

You feel guilty about free samples at the grocery store too?

Would you feel ok if there was a guy outside handing out free groceries that he had just stolen?

Not following your logic.

Last edited:

Just read that you can get a free trail for the Pac !2 network on YTTV.
That is what I wil do. I wish yttv offered it instead of the ACC network.

How bad is the PAC 12 television contract?

The slate of games in two weeks is pretty horrible with few P5 matchups, yet this game is still relegated to a network with < 15M subscribers.

The B1G should be sure to keep all of the television rights whenever this “scheduling alliance” begins. :LOL:

Top Bottom