Turner and Iverson

Juicer

Reaction score
A couple of observations:

I haven't seen Turner play much, but he is a REALLY good player. I am not sure how his skills will translate to the NBA, but nevertheless he is a great college player. He was clearly the best player on the court, however Matta's system of having him bring it up is a major blunder. We took him out of the game, and he was gassed at the end. Whey would a guy in his second game back play nearly the entire game? Weird system by coach Matta. I know that his other PGs aren't good, but they can at least get it up the court.

Second, Iverson was awesome on the boards in the last 10 minutes. Exactly what we thought we were going to get out of a big body like that. For a minute he made me forget that we don't have RW or TM out there rebounding.

Second, Iverson was awesome on the boards in the last 10 minutes. Exactly what we thought we were going to get out of a big body like that.
Agreed. For all the crap he's been getting, Colton had a good game today when we needed him.

I was happy when he continually brought the ball up. Was hoping it would take it's toll on him. He is GOOD!

Buckeyes have no point guard, a situation that has not been addressed in at least two years. The kid from Minneapolis works hard, but is not a BT caliber point guard for them, which is why Turner had to dribble all day (nicely into traps, I might add). I know they have a recruting clas of historic proportions coming in next year, but if it doesn't have a point guard in it who can play right away, it could be more of the same for the Buckeyes. Sometimes it's not just the powerhosue classes, but actually filling needs that gets the job done.

I was really surprised they didn't switch to Simmons bringing the ball up after we started to pressure. He was a primary ball handler for them last year, but I guess they are going in a different direction.

Just to reiterate what has already been mentioned here...How great was it to watch Turner dribble slowly right across half court then pick up his dribble...I could hear my seventh grade basketball coach yelling at me in my head.

Looks like OSU has a kid named Aaron Craft coming in next year that is a PG. Friend of Tubby probably knows info on him.

Top Bottom