Tubby's record vs. Brewster's record

Here's the comparison I use

As others have noted, it's difficult to compare the two sports and, for that matter, the two coaches. I've always kind of compared the Big 10 "basketball-to-football" postseason in these terms:

(1) NIT Participant = lower-tier Big 10 bowl (Pizza/Pizza Bowl & Insight). In both sports esentially all it really means is you were .500 or slightly better, at best .500 in the Big 10. Certainly not a season to brag about, but playing in it is more beneficial than not playing in it.

(2) NCAA Tournament (1st-round loser) = middle-tier Big 10 bowl (Alamo/Champs Sports).

(3) NCAA Tournament (round of 32) = upper-tier Big 10 bowl game (Capital One/Outback).

(4) NCAA Sweet 16 = more cache than a Jan. 1 bowl (Capital One/Outback) but not the equivalent of a BCS bowl.

(5) NCAA Elite 8 = BCS bowl (non-Rose Bowl).

(6) NCAA Final 4 = Rose Bowl.

(7) NCAA Title Game = BCS championship game

Not a perfect comparison, I know, but you get my drift. So I guess what I'm saying is at this point:

Brew: 3 years = 2 NIT's (in basketball jargon).
Tubby: 2+ years = 1 middle-tier & 1 lower-tier bowl (in football jargon), with this season pending.

Nice list SelectionSunday. If I had to break it down, I would probably come with something pretty similar. But like you, I think it's just too difficult to gain a truly viable comparison.

Top Bottom