Tubby Smith Radio Show: 2/20

I'm still thinking.........................................................

LOL!. Hey, I really do think Joe Coleman is an All Big Ten player. Don't know when, but I've played and watched enough basketball to see when someone has obvious talent. Plus you can tell the kid has the attitude it takes to be great. I never had the talent but always had the drive. I played basketball all from elementary through high school and landed as a walk on at a community college in Florida. I played as hard and tough as anybody. In the end though, I just wasn't good enough being a short white boy. But Joe has it.

Here are some more comments from Tubby that Marcus tweeted. Just thought I'd add them here:

“@GophersNow: Tubby said he's had no reoccurences of problems from his prostate cancer. He continues to be cancer-free.”

“@GophersNow: He was diagnosed before Gophers traveled to Canada on the foreign tour in the fall last year. Feels fortunate he could wait to have surgery.”

“@GophersNow: Tubby on Michigan State: "Watching them on tape can be very scary. They're big and physical. They annihilated us on the boards there ."”

“@GophersNow: The Spartans have the best frontline (Green, Payne, Nix, Dawson) in the Big Ten and maybe college basketball, Smith said. Do you agree?”

“@GophersNow: Before the Northwestern game, Tubby talked to players about needing the win for their NCAA tournament chances. He won't do that again.”

“@GophersNow: Smith said former Kentucky player Chuck Hayes was the best leader he's ever had. He almost mentioned Scott Padgett and Rajon Rondo.”

“@GophersNow: Tubby brought up Jeremy Lin when asked about leadership and a player who teammates follow.”

“@GophersNow: When asked how he's taking this season, Tubby said "it wears on you and it ages you quicker than you want."”

“@GophersNow: Best quote from Tubby was on his response to the perception of the Gophers after NW loss: "I'm not a loser and our team is not a loser."”

“@GophersNow: Coleman said Welch was vocal after the NW loss and talked to teammates about what they need to do. Coleman said guys should have known that.”

“@NadineBabu: RT @NSandell: Smith on Sampson: "We need him to have more of presence inside (vs MSU). We can't have four guys on the perimeter." #gophers”

Top Bottom