TSN: College football predictions for 2023 bowl games (Transperfect Music City Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Minnesota)

Not terrible, but we should get a Florida bowl. We will be in better standing for a bid than both Wisconsin and Iowa.

Not terrible, but we should get a Florida bowl. We will be in better standing for a bid than both Wisconsin and Iowa.
Reliaquest (old Outback) would be nice. Citrus was fun but it's in a wierd (and bad) location.

In case you are wondering (like I was), TransPerfect is a language translation services company.

TransPerfect?? Liberal media won’t leave anything alone. Not even college football!

When the richest man on Earth spends $44B to buy himself a platform to take extremely public swipes at trans kids multiple times a day, and algorithmically enhances the views of other voices just like his, I'm not sure the media is so liberal anymore.

What does the 2023-24 B1G bowl affiliation look like this year?? I know there's obligations for X teams per year at many of these....when does that reset?

Given the Gophers went to AZ and NYC the past 2 years, is it reasonable to assume those are unlikely destinations this season? If anything, the Gophers should in line for sites outside those, making Nashville or Florida more likely???

Last edited:

When the richest man on Earth spends $44B to buy himself a platform to take extremely public swipes at trans kids multiple times a day, and algorithmically enhances the views of other voices just like his, I'm not sure the media is so liberal anymore.

I was joking…sorry that wasn’t clear.

Side note: richest person on earth likely a prince or oil person we don’t even know about.

What does the 2023-24 B1G bowl affiliation look like this year?? I know there's obligations for X teams per year at many of these....when does that reset?

Given the Gophers went to AZ and NYC the past 2 years, is it reasonable to assume those are unlikely destinations this season? If anything, the Gophers should in line for sites outside those, making Nashville or Florida more likely???

I’d like nashville or Florida. Obviously prestige of Bowl is #1 but as a fan location matters to me. New York is a tough bowl game destination.

I’d like nashville or Florida. Obviously prestige of Bowl is #1 but as a fan location matters to me. New York is a tough bowl game destination.
I know NYC that time of year isn't everyone's cup of tea but my group had a blast in the city for a few days.

Finally saw a baseball game at Yankee Stadium this summer...crazy I saw a football game there first lol

I thought the process was to predict the Gophers to play in the Pinstripe Bowl every week of every season until it comes true. I realize the Gophers were just in the Pinstripe Bowl last year but it is time to start projecting them there.

In reality, find a bowl the Gophers haven't played in recently in which their record would make them the only team with that many wins (best B1G team) to ever play in it, and you have your answer. Works every time.

I thought the process was to predict the Gophers to play in the Pinstripe Bowl every week of every season until it comes true. I realize the Gophers were just in the Pinstripe Bowl last year but it is time to start projecting them there.

In reality, find a bowl the Gophers haven't played in recently in which their record would make them the only team with that many wins (best B1G team) to ever play in it, and you have your answer. Works every time.
I think I said it in a previous bowl projection thread, but I think a reasonable outcome this season is we go 7-5 or 8-4 against a tough schedule, and then after 8-4 Wisconsin, 8-4 Iowa, 7-5 Maryland, and 6-6 Nebraska all get slotted in better bowl games, we get placed in Detroit again to slaughter a hapless MAC team. And there will be people arguing here that we deserved it.

I do wonder if a barely bowl eligible Michigan State or Illinois might be preferred for Detroit instead though. Or if enough Big Ten teams make bowls, there’s a possibility of going to a non Big Ten affiliated bowl as an at-large, which could be cool.

I think I said it in a previous bowl projection thread, but I think a reasonable outcome this season is we go 7-5 or 8-4 against a tough schedule, and then after 8-4 Wisconsin, 8-4 Iowa, 7-5 Maryland, and 6-6 Nebraska all get slotted in better bowl games, we get placed in Detroit again to slaughter a hapless MAC team. And there will be people arguing here that we deserved it.

I do wonder if a barely bowl eligible Michigan State or Illinois might be preferred for Detroit instead though. Or if enough Big Ten teams make bowls, there’s a possibility of going to a non Big Ten affiliated bowl as an at-large, which could be cool.
With this team and this schedule anything is possible.

Top Bottom