Troy Calhoun (NFL)

Raaaaaaaandy

Reaction score
Per this Jay Glazer tweet, might end up being the Denver Broncos head coach.

"Jay_Glazer

The more you talk w people I denver the more you hear that air force coach calhoun is slated to be the broncosz next head coach. Its rampant"

Maybe he was never interested in another college gig.

Funny how quickly things can change, Glazer again:

"Jay_Glazer

Well that was fast. As much as people in denver we're claiming its calhoun's job to lose he took his name out of the race."

I guess people can keep trying, but Troy Calhoun appears to be more than content at the Air Force.

I remember someone posted some clips of him and I couldn't help but noticed how much he loved the Air Force.

Keep in mind that Calhoun used to coach in Denver and was the OC for the Houston Texans prior to taking the Air Force job. He knows more than how to run the option.

I don't believe they've even begun the search so the idea that he's already shooting it down is silly. However, I don't think he will be the guy. If the Vikings (I hope they do) don't keep Frazier, he will end up in Denver. If Frazier is not available I predict Gary Kubiak will be the next Broncos coach, with John Elway as God of Football or some similar title.

A lot of people think the smart move for Denver is to get Leslie Frazier as their next head coach, but that is all up to the Vikings to either keep him or not? I think he should be given the chance to be the Vikings head coach at a full-time bases... if not the Vikings, someone will take him this year.

Everyone in Colorado Springs knew he wasn't leaving...no real rumors in the news. Even people at the Academy weren't concerned.

The Kubiak suggestion makes sense as he'll get canned in Houston and Bronco fans are longing for the days of Mike Shanahan already.

Orton a Free Agent

Can Kyle Orton run the triple option?

I believe that Kyle Orton will be a free agent. The Broncos do also have Tim Tebow at QB. Maybe Calhoun could make that work out in his offense. Denver may also draft another QB coming out this year. Kubiak could be a popular choice there as well.

The Kubiak suggestion makes sense as he'll get canned in Houston and Bronco fans are longing for the days of Mike Shanahan already.

Yes, we are. When you have a good coach who is struggling, keep him and try to make things better, instead of firing him and hoping for blind luck. Twins fans b!tching about Gardy should pay attention. And Gopher fans complaining about Mason might have heeded the advice too, but no need to go there. To be sure, Glen Mason is no Mike Shanahan.

I believe that Kyle Orton will be a free agent. The Broncos do also have Tim Tebow at QB. Maybe Calhoun could make that work out in his offense. Denver may also draft another QB coming out this year. Kubiak could be a popular choice there as well.

Kyle Orton got a contract extension through 2011. I think the odds of Tebow ever being a starting QB in the NFL aren't great. In any case, Calhoun would run a version of Shanahan's offense just as Kubiak would. No one will ever run the triple option in the NFL. It's not 1950.

Calhoun was an Offensive Coordinator for the Texans. He is clearly familiar with pro-style offenses, I would imagine he runs the triple option because of the weight limits at USAFA make it difficult to run other offenses successfully.

Top Bottom