Trib says Gophers ARE going bowling

Jerry Palm says Boca Raton Bowl, vs, Coastal Carolina, Dec. 21, but that may be an earlier projection - hard to tell on his website.

APR strikes again.

On a side note, Mrs. Billd noted something on our quiet drive home that's worth a thought.

She asked what would GH be like? I said the calls to can the Coach will be pretty loud.

She responded "Why? By all accounts the players are going to class, no one's getting arrested, and women aren't being assaulted. That counts for something."

In this thread she's correct. Congrats are in order. Go Gophers!

200.webp

APR strikes again.

On a side note, Mrs. Billd noted something on our quiet drive home that's worth a thought.

She asked what would GH be like? I said the calls to can the Coach will be pretty loud.

She responded "Why? By all accounts the players are going to class, no one's getting arrested, and women aren't being assaulted. That counts for something."

In this thread she's correct. Congrats are in order. Go Gophers!
Somewhere there is a leader of men who can induce players to go to class, not commit crimes, and respect women and also coach football.

Looks like the Army/Navy game with the the deciding factor. Go Navy!
Jerry's got 10 wins, so NMSU will get a better opponent.
Could be but according to the author of the linked article it could still happen.

"One thing that could hold New Mexico State back from a more prestigious bowl game this season is that they played the third-easiest schedule in the country, ranking 131st of 133 Division I teams."

this has been discussed on another thread - but there seems to be some confusion over Navy.

Navy is 5-6 with a game remaining against Army on Dec. 9. But - the Bowl assignments are typically announced after the Conference championship games next week.

so the question is - would some bowl wait to see if Navy becomes eligible - essentially hold a spot open in case Navy qualifies? And if they do, how does that impact MN?

seems far-fetched, but I've seen at least one website floating that as a possibility.

You could probably consider them as "high-resource" due to Sanders.
That was my logic. They were the most hyped program in college football for the first half of the year. But reality set in.

In retrospect TCU and Nebraska was the perfect script to give them two seemingly notable wins against teams that weren't even bowl teams.

this has been discussed on another thread - but there seems to be some confusion over Navy.

Navy is 5-6 with a game remaining against Army on Dec. 9. But - the Bowl assignments are typically announced after the Conference championship games next week.

so the question is - would some bowl wait to see if Navy becomes eligible - essentially hold a spot open in case Navy qualifies? And if they do, how does that impact MN?

seems far-fetched, but I've seen at least one website floating that as a possibility.
Based on how the NCAA rules are, I don't think you could choose MN over Navy if Navy goes 6-6.

The NCAA considers the Army-Navy game an actual regular season game and also requires that bowls choose all qualifying 6-6 teams before choosing a 5-7 team so by that logic no bowl could offer Minnesota a bid until they know there aren't enough 6-6 teams. A contingent bid is likely possible but that's it.

Top Bottom