Treyton Thompson

Recruiting, powered by Gameday! Nice get for Pitino. Does he still qualify as an in-state recruit to counter the narrative that Pitino can’t nail down the locals?

I’ve been a big critic of Pitino as of late but this is a big time get by the staff. Let’s get the twin towers at the Barn!

Awesome! Nice to have a great start to the next class. I also enjoy the surprise commitment. Doesn't seem to happen a lot for us.

Always thought it was going to be the 2021 and 2022 classes that really get the in-state recruiting train rolling at a high level. I think we ultimately land Holmgren and Holloman as well.

Congrats to Treyton!! Congrats to the staff!!

Welcome aboard Treyton! Looking forward to seeing you play for the Gophers and Coach Pitino!

It means a lot to the State of Minnesota and their fan base to see how passionate you are by committing to the U!

Where is Howeda, Votary and Schools??? Shocked that they have nothing to say!

Great get by the staff, been a rough season but you can't take bash the staff for this. This is an impressive and important commit. Hope we land some more talent from 21!

Great get by the staff, been a rough season but you can't take bash the staff for this. This is an impressive and important commit. Hope we land some more talent from 21!
It's a nice get and I'm glad he wants to stay home and rep the state. But a commit for two years from now changes nothing about Pitino's long-term status which will be determined on the court.

It's a nice get and I'm glad he wants to stay home and rep the state. But a commit for two years from now changes nothing about Pitino's long-term status which will be determined on the court.

Disclaimer: I'm just giving you guys crap. I fully agree that I'm not impressed where Pitino has this program in year 7. I'll take a light of positivity though

Disclaimer: I'm just giving you guys crap. I fully agree that I'm not impressed where Pitino has this program in year 7. I'll take a light of positivity though
Positive for sure. His comments about wanting to stay home and rep the state give me confidence we will keep his commitment no matter who the coach is as it was with Nolen and Hoffarber.

Love this kid! A leader! So great that a guy like him puts himself out there early and becomes a center of influence for others to come join him. Great, great news.

Great pick up!! Good to start the 2021 class like this.

Go Gophers!!

Chance he actually plays one minute for Pitino at the U? 10%?

Nice get for Pitino. He's done a decent job landing some guys who can help down the road. Ihnen, Mitchell & Thompson should all be good players in time.

The killer is he couldn't get anyone worth a damn to come & play PF after Murphy left. Not a recruit, not a JUCO, not a transfer, not a grad transfer. He/we knew Murphy was leaving, but couldn't sell an immediate starting job to any impact players.

Nice get for Pitino. He's done a decent job landing some guys who can help down the road. Ihnen, Mitchell & Thompson should all be good players in time.

The killer is he couldn't get anyone worth a damn to come & play PF after Murphy left. Not a recruit, not a JUCO, not a transfer, not a grad transfer. He/we knew Murphy was leaving, but couldn't sell an immediate starting job to any impact players.
I'm just curious what you want out of the power forward spot. You say pitino swung and missed. Demir was 14 points and 6 boards. Omersa was 4 points and 3 boards. That's 18 points and 9 boards. Not the rebounds that murphy got, but plenty of boards considering oturu got 18. Both demir and omersa keep getting better every game. Its early settle down. It's obvious we weren't going to replace murphy with another double double guy, but the guys we have arent terrible. Give it some time.

I'm just curious what you want out of the power forward spot. You say pitino swung and missed. Demir was 14 points and 6 boards. Omersa was 4 points and 3 boards. That's 18 points and 9 boards. Not the rebounds that murphy got, but plenty of boards considering oturu got 18. Both demir and omersa keep getting better every game. Its early settle down. It's obvious we weren't going to replace murphy with another double double guy, but the guys we have arent terrible. Give it some time.

Yeah, they're really coming along.

Chance he actually plays one minute for Pitino at the U? 10%?
Your ability to turn a positive thread into your hate for Pitino is unmatched. If Pitino has a solid 2020-21 season with a good recruiting class lined up we'll see him playing for Pitino. Simple as that.

Top Bottom