Trent Tucker speaks with passion about what this program can be

Thanks for posting. Love TT.

But wow is Lake hard to listen to. His questions took forever to ask, he talked more than Tucker did.

It was also unfair and odd for him to ask TT if he’d be interested in the job.

Go Gophers!!

Lake needs to find that balance between exposition and brevity, er, setting up the point and stating the point.

I get the not liking Barriero thing. Definitely has plenty of roll your eyes moments but he is about as good as it gets on talk radio.
Barriero is a good journalist, I just question his sincerity and journalistic objectivity. He will make you think, but he contributes to the overall cultural hostility more than cultural reflection.

Thanks for posting. Love TT.

But wow is Lake hard to listen to. His questions took forever to ask, he talked more than Tucker did.

It was also unfair and odd for him to ask TT if he’d be interested in the job.

Go Gophers!!
Agreed on Lake.

I feel like Trent would be perfect for the Head Coaching job.

I know he has never coached before but I am confident he could lead young men and would be able to put together a team of coaches who could develop young men into solid players and contributors to society.

Barriero is a good journalist, I just question his sincerity and journalistic objectivity. He will make you think, but he contributes to the overall cultural hostility more than cultural reflection.
I always thought him quite fair minded. He has his opinions, like all of us, but he usually accepts a well thought interviewee answer. While simultaneously pushing back on sub standard answers.

I know he has never coached before but I am confident he could lead young men and would be able to put together a team of coaches who could develop young men into solid players and contributors to society.
Sounds like a college GM/ overseer role. Like a deputy AD of BB? Actually felt Pitino needed some criticism and push back. He showed some huge wins, but never developed consistently. Feels like a missed opportunity in development.

I liked the interview and Lake seems like a regular guy that loves MN sports and wants the best for the Teams and the Players. They both had a passion for solving the problems by focusing on how much the U of M has to offer (which is a lot). This program could be a top tier program with the right person at the helm no matter how many of you think cold weather or Duke/Gonzaga make it impossible. It is totally possible and probably with a good hire.

Lake is OK. Would not have wasted my time if Reusse was doing the interview - can you imagine how negative that would have gone? You would have needed a shower to clean the crap off you afterwards after he dumped on everyone and everything involved with the state.

I don't disagree with you about him being a good head coach, but I don't think he would ever get the job. What went through my mind while he was talking was Bo Schembechler saying, "A Michigan man is going to coach a Michigan team." Trent Tucker knows what this job can be. Kevin McHale knows what this job can be. Even Ryan Saunders knows what this job can be. At first I scoffed when Ryan Saunders name was brought up, mainly because the Timberwolves are so bad. But after thinking about it....I don't think it is his fault the Timberwolves are such a mess. He's been around.a lot of basketball. He's good friends with PJ Fleck. He's young and has a ton of energy. He's a Minnesota man.

BTW, I'm not saying he is my pick to be the next coach. I was just saying the idea has warmed a little to me. He would definitely be better than the last 8 years.

You can dislike Barreiro but he dominates this market. Whatever he does is working. That is true for KFAN in general.
I started liking him once he could name more than three current Gophers on any given team. There was a time when he couldn't.

He's got a little bit of Reusse to him. It's all a bit and intended to troll.

I do really enjoy his show when he isn't talking sports. He just knows so little about sports, but acts like he does, that makes it hard for me to listen to him.

yeah...i mean with him never coaching before it would be a huge gamble and i dont see anyway of him actually being hired. but the idea has warmed on me some as well

that being said....he would be a great addition to the coaching staff in some sort of role. If it isnt as an assistant. Something like what Nunes is for Baylor "special assistant and director of player devolpment". I think he would be great in that role.

yeah...i mean with him never coaching before it would be a huge gamble and i dont see anyway of him actually being hired. but the idea has warmed on me some as well

that being said....he would be a great addition to the coaching staff in some sort of role. If it isnt as an assistant. Something like what Nunes is for Baylor "special assistant and director of player devolpment". I think he would be great in that role.
Just teaching guys how to shoot and not think about shooting.

I don't like this type of prayer hire.

As an assistant, I would be interested. But with no coaching experience, to turn it over to him right off the bat wouldn't be much better than what they did with Pitino IMO.

He's got a little bit of Reusse to him. It's all a bit and intended to troll.

I do really enjoy his show when he isn't talking sports. He just knows so little about sports, but acts like he does, that makes it hard for me to listen to him.
I generally like him although I could do without the fake outrages, especially to lead his shows off. His strength is in the interviews, non-sports and sports. And I love the Carl Gersbach bit.

I generally like him although I could do without the fake outrages, especially to lead his shows off. His strength is in the interviews, non-sports and sports. And I love the Carl Gersbach bit.
Karl Gerbschmidt (Kevin Seifert) is hilarious.

In fairness, Barriero asks thesis-length questions, too.
I tuned into Barriero one day and he talked non stop for what seemed like 10 minutes.
Then he said, “How do you feel about that, doctor?” I realized he had freakin’ guest!!!!!
I laughed and shook my head. Naturally, he then cut him off for a commercial after about minute. “Wish we had more time.
I know you got some good stuff to share.”
Had to be there, but pretty funny.

Top Bottom