Travis Busch wow.....

Why all the hatred for Busch at GopherHole? He made one mistake in the first half and it ended up costing us. How about Westbrook's 1-4 with 4 TOs effort or all 4 of our big guys managing to get in foul trouble. Busch is not the goat. We don't need 3 threads going about that one play.

Why all the hatred for Busch at GopherHole? He made one mistake in the first half and it ended up costing us. How about Westbrook's 1-4 with 4 TOs effort or all 4 of our big guys managing to get in foul trouble. Busch is not the goat. We don't need 3 threads going about that one play.

travis busch actually made two key mistakes on that last play. first, he made a very lazy outlet pass. then rather than make up for it by getting out and playing defense on taylor battle he completely blows that opportunity as well and battle sends down a 3 pointer uncovered to end the half and send the mighty mo' over in penn state's direction.

Busch stepped up to stop the ball and Battle got the open look because they had numbers. He possibly could have played it better, but again, if you think that specific play or Busch's play in general is the reason for our struggles you're missing a truly awful game.

He did have a nice drive and layup just a moment ago. None of our guys are playing that great today so I don't think it makes much sense to single Busch out.

Not trying to single him out as it is clear not one showed up other than Devoe!

Not trying to single him out as it is clear not one showed up other than Devoe!

Devoe also made a couple of really bad gaffes late that ultimately helped us lose the game as well. Did he shoot well?? Darn right...but he also had some really putrid moments as well. That's all part of the process of improving in college basketball and he certainly made more than his fair share of plays today.

It just comes down to being able to put it all together and right now, Devoe, as with the rest of the team, as a LONG ways to go.

travis busch actually made two key mistakes on that last play. first, he made a very lazy outlet pass. then rather than make up for it by getting out and playing defense on taylor battle he completely blows that opportunity as well and battle sends down a 3 pointer uncovered to end the half and send the mighty mo' over in penn state's direction.

Add to those mistakes - his biggest mistake. He was supposed to call time out if he got the rebound. There was over 3 seconds left when he got the ball. Enough to set up some sort of last second play and avoid the mess that resulted. I was surprised he got as much time in the 2nd half after that.

Devoe also made a couple of really bad gaffes late that ultimately helped us lose the game as well. Did he shoot well?? Darn right...but he also had some really putrid moments as well. That's all part of the process of improving in college basketball and he certainly made more than his fair share of plays today.

It just comes down to being able to put it all together and right now, Devoe, as with the rest of the team, as a LONG ways to go.

The only really terrible mistake he made IMO was when he got picked 40ft from the basket by Battle. In that case it looked to me like the rest of the Gophers were backing off and letting Joseph, a true freshman on the road, try to win it all by himself. He needed more help than that. He was getting his shots off usually off passes from teammates until way toward the end when it was too late he was doing it all on his own.

The only really terrible mistake he made IMO was when he got picked 40ft from the basket by Battle. In that case it looked to me like the rest of the Gophers were backing off and letting Joseph, a true freshman on the road, try to win it all by himself. He needed more help than that. He was getting his shots off usually off passes from teammates until way toward the end when it was too late he was doing it all on his own.

The other problem I had, other than being picked by Battle on the offensive end with the game on the line, was the few travels he had which were more about him not concentrating on what he was doing than anything else. He also complicated matters on Battle by fouling him on that play and allowing him to complete a three-point play, which also hurt.

All and all, it was a mixed bag for me for Devoe. Love the points and shooting, the ballhandling and travels? Not so much....:eek:

I think people are nitpicking with Devoe. Sure he made some mistakes, but pretty much everyone on our team is making mistakes. He's on of the few that is adding anything positive.

I think people are nitpicking with Devoe. Sure he made some mistakes, but pretty much everyone on our team is making mistakes. He's on of the few that is adding anything positive.

Exactly, which is also why I don't like heaping tons of praise on a guy for scoring a whole bunch of points when he also made some critical mistakes. This is a team game and our team is struggling on many different levels. Did Devoe make some big plays? Yes. But he still has a ways to go and obviously, his teammates are no different.

Top Bottom