Transfer Portal 2024

Sorry I mean North Dakota State. I’m drawing a blank of her name.
Elle Evans is the NDSU post player you mentioned. Some Bison fan rudely commented on my post about her and Mara Brauns looks. I'm a basketball fan don't really pay attention to that stuff. Evans can really shoot the 3 and she is quick for a 6-3 center. Think she was Sophmore so she would have 2 years eligibility to play where she ends up. Thought I read coach Brooks recruited her when he was at Virginia Tech, the new Kentucky coach. I thought maybe Gophers were interested. We have good staff and Post coach.

Yeah its hard. You hear the arguments that if coaches can take new jobs and bail at anytime then why can't a player do the same. If I am not an athlete I can transfer to different colleges at anytime, so why can't I if I am an athlete? Maybe something in life has changed, maybe academics are not the same, maybe I am looking for a different opportunity to help me for my future. Lot of things can factor into a move. It is tough for all and a lot more for coaches to manage. There maybe tough losses, but there maybe fun gains!

I am really hoping and proud of the women who are working to bring MN back to NCAA team, and hopefully make a run to go a little deeper. With the way the transfers go, teams do have the ability to stack up talent, which makes it tough. Be interesting if there are some wanting to help and transfer in if current players be willing to maybe play 5 less minutes or so to help the TEAM, if they would or would they get discouraged and transfer out instead of using it as another year of developing before being really ready junior and senior years.

First lets win this WNIT on Saturday! Rah!
Our daughter had to sit out a year after transferring. It was her best year of development. Really hard not to play but she didn't have to worry about game performance and focused on skills.

We will see how it plays out but I heard the players in the portal from Marquette are looking to go to other schools and not following Duffy… heard she was not well liked.. FWIW

Not that I was worried, because I really think the core wants to do well in Minnesota, but the whole top 6 (and more) commented on Stewart’s post. I think these girls are very invested. I really hope they can get a couple of NCAA tournaments. They deserve it for their loyalty.

Not that I was worried, because I really think the core wants to do well in Minnesota, but the whole top 6 (and more) commented on Stewart’s post. I think these girls are very invested. I really hope they can get a couple of NCAA tournaments. They deserve it for their loyalty.
Agree. Also with bringing in Stewart, it is great opportunity for younger posts to learn from Hart and Stewart another year as they only have 1 year left I believe.

Chance Gray goes to the Buckeyes

Kevin McGuff wasted little time in replacing some of his backcourt attrition from the transfer portal.

On Sunday, the Buckeyes landed a commitment from former Oregon point guard Chance Gray, their first portal pickup of 2024.

ay finished second on the Ducks with 13.9 points per game this past season, adding a team-high three assists per contest. She shot 33.7% from behind the 3-point line but only 34.7% from the field in her sophomore campaign.

THE GRAY FILE​

• Year: Junior
  • Size: 5-9
  • Pos: Point Guard
  • School: Oregon (2022-24)
  • Stats: 13.9 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 3 APG
A heralded in-state recruit, Gray attended Lakota West High School in Beckett Ridge, Ohio for her first three prep seasons before transferring to Cincinnati's Winton Woods High School. Gray was a five-star recruit and the No. 7 overall prospect in the class of 2022, per ESPN.

The Buckeyes weren't a finalist in her initial recruitment, which centered on the Pac-12 as she chose Oregon over UCLA. Gray earned All-Ohio honors three times in high school and averaged an impressive 26.7 points with 5.1 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 3.2 steals per game as a senior at Winton Woods.

Woodson is apparently on campus today.

I didn't see that one coming, though I do think her family is tight-knit so being closer to home may be a priority for her. I also wonder if the Gophers would be looking to get a two-fer with her sister, who is a 2025 who is playing for Hopkins and had a great year this past high school season.

I didn't see that one coming, though I do think her family is tight-knit so being closer to home may be a priority for her. I also wonder if the Gophers would be looking to get a two-fer with her sister, who is a 2025 who is playing for Hopkins and had a great year this past high school season.
I didn't see this coming either. Coach P must have defense on her mind! :)

Any updates on Woodson’s visit? I have zero patience.
I haven't seen anything, but it would be huge to have a Hopkins player, especially as one as talented as Woodson in the barn as a Gopher. She would fit in great with the talent here and it would be awesome to have another Minnesota player to root for.

We know Mara is with Dinkytown Athletes. Is there any way there is NIL in play for Taylor and could that be a factor holding up a decision depending on if there's a conversation going on? However, I know there weren't any huge numbers at Mich last year.

We know Mara is with Dinkytown Athletes. Is there any way there is NIL in play for Taylor and could that be a factor holding up a decision depending on if there's a conversation going on? However, I know there weren't any huge numbers at Mich last year.
Or maybe Coach P has other options too.

I do know it’s Stewart’s birthday today so maybe Taylor doesn’t want to take away from her celebration? Probably not but you never know. Lol

If she’s looking for lots of PT, Wisconsin might be a better fit.

I am hoping Woodson already committed to the Gophers and it’s just not public and it will be like Stewart. One day she will just be signed already.

Top Bottom