Tracking Oturu vs. Murphy

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
After Penn State, Daniel is 65 rebounds ahead of where Jordan was at the same point in his Gopher career.

He started the season 5 rebounds ahead of Murph. Helps a little bit that Daniel's freshman season had 35 games compared to 31 for Jordan.

He'll likely build a lot bigger lead over the next six games (over these next six games in Murphy's career, his rebound numbers were 4, 4, 1, 7, 4 and 4).

Daniel would have a realistic chance to finish as the Big Ten All-Time rebounder if he stuck around all four years.

Or he could leave after his sophomore year and make $6-8 million guaranteed in those two years (assuming he is drafted anywhere from 9-14)

Murphy may be the GOAT for rebounding career wise and if Oturu leaves early he won't have a chance to break those records, but comparing where they are/were at sophomore season Murphy was disappearing game in and game out that year learning to be consistently high motor Murphy. Oturu seems beyond that stage maturity wise. Personal preference i think Oturu has NBA level smack talking and posturing skills that I don't find as endearing as Murphy's lunch pail demeanor, but to each his own.

Murphy may be the GOAT for rebounding career wise and if Oturu leaves early he won't have a chance to break those records, but comparing where they are/were at sophomore season Murphy was disappearing game in and game out that year learning to be consistently high motor Murphy. Oturu seems beyond that stage maturity wise. Personal preference i think Oturu has NBA level smack talking and posturing skills that I don't find as endearing as Murphy's lunch pail demeanor, but to each his own.
Two fantastic college players. No one will ever top Murphy's shear effort level and his ability to get the max out of himself (other than shooting). However, I found myself wanting a little more demonstrative inspiration from Coffey, Murphy and Mason over their years in terms of firing their whole team up. I like it when a team gets charged up and also celebrates together. Oturu could do without a little of the chatter though, you shouldn't react to everything.

Top Bottom