Tough loss

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Losing to a terrible Illinois team at home really puts a dent into a season that looked like it was going to be saved. Last week's win against Michigan State looks more like a fluke than anything else. This has to be the most frustrating team to watch. Flashes of competence are over-shadowed by horrendous penalties, weak blocking, questionable coaching and overall poor play. I don't know who to blame here, and maybe there isn't anyone to blame at all. But Minnesota's recruiting class is one of the worst in the Big Ten for next season. I'm simply lost.......

GO GOPHERS!!! We need to beat South Dakota State

You are lost and I will agree. The recruiting class is not one of the worst in the Big Ten and like usual you show up after a loss to take a shot at the team. Nice hearing from you.

I was going to say, have you checked out Indiana or Purdue's upcoming class. MSU seems about even with the Gophers.

You are lost and I will agree. The recruiting class is not one of the worst in the Big Ten and like usual you show up after a loss to take a shot at the team. Nice hearing from you.

Nope, not taking a shot at the team at all. I could have easily, but I didn't. I was just stating a simple fact that the recruiting class looks to be in the bottom half of the Big 10, maybe eighth. Could you explain the teams struggles then? Please enlighten me!

I was going to say, have you checked out Indiana or Purdue's upcoming class. MSU seems about even with the Gophers.

Well, I would hope that the Gophers could out-recruit Purdue and Indiana. Is this a joke?

Losing to a terrible Illinois team at home really puts a dent into a season that looked like it was going to be saved. Last week's win against Michigan State looks more like a fluke than anything else. This has to be the most frustrating team to watch. Flashes of competence are over-shadowed by horrendous penalties, weak blocking, questionable coaching and overall poor play. I don't know who to blame here, and maybe there isn't anyone to blame at all. But Minnesota's recruiting class is one of the worst in the Big Ten for next season. I'm simply lost.......

For the one millionth time.....last week's win over MSU was not a fluke. A .500 team beat another .500 team at home. That is not a fluke. Losing today was more of a fluke than last week.

For the one millionth time.....last week's win over MSU was not a fluke. A .500 team beat another .500 team at home. That is not a fluke. Losing today was more of a fluke than last week.

Yep, Gophers are the BEST team in the Big 10. Go Gophers! Every time the mighty Gophers lose it's a fluke! This team is heading in the right direction. Who cares about losing at home to Illinois!? We'll get em' next time.

rivals #28 class in the country. Currently 5th in the Big Ten. So....not even close on the recruiting comment. Thanks for playing 'who is the biggest hater with the least amount of factual information'. You are a winner!!

rivals #28 class in the country. Currently 5th in the Big Ten. So....not even close on the recruiting comment. Thanks for playing 'who is the biggest hater with the least amount of factual information'. You are a winner!!

Oh, you're right, fifth in the 11-team Big 10 will always be good enough for the Gophers. I'm glad to see that's what fans are taking pride in! Don't forget that Minnesota's second-highest recruit is a kicker named Kip...

Scout.com:
Penn State: 16, 4/5-star commits
Ohio State: 8, 4/5-star commits
Michigan State: Five, 4/5-star commits
Michigan: Five, 4/5-star commits
Minnesota: ONE, 4/5-star commit

Oh, you're right, fifth in the 11-team Big 10 will always be good enough for the Gophers. I'm glad to see that's what fans are taking pride in! Don't forget that Minnesota's second-highest recruit is a kicker named Kip...

Scout.com:

Rivals has 3 of the recruits 4 star and a good chunk of the rest 3 stars, which btw- is a huge improvement over 3 years ago. Then is was a rarity for a 5 star to commit and not to many 4 stars committed either. Given the long term established nature of the other schools you listed, being 5th at this time is not only not near the bottom but also pretty good considering he has been at it 3 years.

If only recruiting was all it took to build a consistent winner but it is only part of the equation. Just ask Notre Dame, Illinois, and Oklahoma when John Blake was coach. I understand that is all Brewster has to hang his hat on right now but soon he is going to have to expand his resume.

Scout.com:

Considering that up until 4 years ago, we were consistently in the bottom 3, with NO 4/5 star recruits, yes, this is good enough for me right now.
Brewster's recruiting, and results on the field, are roughly equal to what some of the best recent coaches in the Big 10 (Ferentz and Alvarez) have done at this point in their respective careers.
I agree it's not pretty right now, but it's where I expected to be when Brewster was brought in, and I think so far he's done a pretty decent job.

Scout.com:

BTW - Your original statement "But Minnesota's recruiting class is one of the worst in the Big Ten for next season. I'm simply lost......."

I wonder how all of a sudden one of the worst goes to 5th and that against teams who annually are the top of the big ten, and you have that in a negative tone as well. Maybe the Gophers are not the only ones with issues...

Top Bottom