Top Minnesota prospects and Gophers hoops targets on display in local AAU tournament this weekend

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Cam Heide and Taison Chatman are arguably the top two high school basketball prospects in their respective classes in the state of Minnesota.

They've also teamed up for the first time in AAU basketball this spring with D1 Minnesota's top 17U squad making its local debut Saturday and Sunday in the Battle at the Lakes tournament at Wayzata High School and other area locations.

Heide, a 6-foot-6 junior wing at Wayzata, will be playing his first local AAU tournament in more than a year after an injury kept him sidelined last summer. Chatman, a 6-4 sophomore point guard from Totino-Grace, is hoping to take his stock and game to another level after playing on D1MN's 16U team last year.

"He'll push me," Chatman said about Heide. "Our chemistry will build on the court. Down the line in the AAU [season] we'll be a deadly duo. I try to find him as much as I can to get him shots and get him going."

Go Gophers!!

Ryan James posted "a nice bunch of college
coaches at Battle of the lakes." So were these coaches from Div. 2?
I believe so, D2 campuses have been able to host official visits since last September. The NCAA isn't very consistent.

Top Bottom