Top 50 Loudest College Football Stadiums Of All Time (#49. Minnesota)

I believe the stadium was designed so the sound concentrated on the field so I'm not entirely surprise to be on this list? Imagine if we had a 80-100k stadium that we could fill...

are we ranked 49 when we are standing or sitting?
It depends on who's in charge of people standing or sitting, and they are allowed to drink beer or not. If a certain person was in charge, that might affect things in a negative way.........

What a bunch of crap. Is this "venue-based" (via acoustics) or fan-inspired vocal loudness? Both? "All-time" can go back a lot of years, especially if looking at one particular instance. Nebraska-OK 1971? OSU-MI 1968? MN-Iowa 1960?

Of course the Gophers have had 3 different venues in the last 100 years or so - I can remember a few times (not many though) where the acoustics of the Metrodome probably made the loudest "all-time" noise in dB. Is that what this list is about?

I was at Colorado (ranked 30th) this past September. They may have made some big noises in their 1990 natty days, but that place was a ghost town - the visiting Gopher fans were louder (no exaggeration).

Why am I even spending time responding...

Top 50 All-time, so that was the Metrodome that got us on the list? Or overall we are top 50 loudest venues? Top 50 out of about 65 options. NDSU has to be pretty loud and I would bet a top 50 venue. Social media click bate.

Top Bottom