Reaction score
5 Michigan State
4 TCU
3 Ohio State
2 Clemson
1 LSU

Movin' In: Michigan State

Movin' Out: Utah

Baylor fans hate you. Although I assume they're out drinking to mourn their QB's broken neck rather than hanging around GH to check your rankings. :)

Baylor can move into the top 5 when they beat someone other than a JV team. The good thing for Bears and all the Big XII contenders is their schedules are back-loaded.

So who has TCU beat? :rolleyes:

In order of number of wins vs. FBS teams:
Gophers (4)
Texas Tech (4)
Texas (3)
Kansas State (2)
Iowa State (1)
SMU (1)
FCS Opponent

For comparison, Baylor:
Texas Tech (4)
Rice (3)
West Virginia (2)
Iowa State (1)
SMU (1)
Kansas (0)
FCS Opponent

If they win out, could we see,
roll the drums, Washington St in the playoffs? C'est Possible

In order of number of wins vs. FBS teams:
Gophers (4)
Texas Tech (4)
Texas (3)
Kansas State (2)
Iowa State (1)
SMU (1)
FCS Opponent

For comparison, Baylor:
Texas Tech (4)
Rice (3)
West Virginia (2)
Iowa State (1)
SMU (1)
Kansas (0)
FCS Opponent

Logic makes sense, but I think you may be underrating WV just a bit. Their schedule is the opposite of Baylor/TCU and started the Big 12 season with four straight ranked opponents. They 'could' be better than Texas and the Gophers at the end of the season.

Logic makes sense, but I think you may be underrating WV just a bit. Their schedule is the opposite of Baylor/TCU and started the Big 12 season with four straight ranked opponents. They 'could' be better than Texas and the Gophers at the end of the season.

Fair point. This is based solely on what their opponents have done to this point, not what they might do from here on out.

5 Michigan State
4 TCU
3 Ohio State
2 Clemson
1 LSU

Movin' In: Michigan State

Movin' Out: Utah

In reality though shouldn't you couple Baylor/TCU and tOSU/MSU. They will play and there is no way that I can see that the loser of either game is in the top 4.

CFP committee will like Iowa more than the AP & coaches polls

Assuming Iowa wins this week, I think the CFP committee will like the Hawkeyes a lot more than the AP and coaches poll do. Resume-wise, I think the Hawkeyes are right there with MSU and OSU, probably should be ahead of both when the first poll is released on Nov. 3. Again, I'm talking in terms of resumes to this point.

I know Northwestern had a couple stinkers, but Iowa's road wins over the 6-2 Wildcats (who handed Stanford & Duke their only losses) and the 6-2 Badgers along with handing Pitt its only loss is a nice starting point for a resume. Will be surprised if Hawkeyes are any lower than #8 with that resume.

Notre Dame an X factor

In reality though shouldn't you couple Baylor/TCU and tOSU/MSU. They will play and there is no way that I can see that the loser of either game is in the top 4.

Assuming the loser finishes 11-1, I don't think the loser of MSU/OSU is out of it as long as it's a close game. Too many things can happen in the following 2 weeks. Agree that it would be difficult for the loser to make it, but MSU would still have a shot to get to the B1G title game if Michigan knocked off OSU, creating a 3-way B1G East tie. If Florida State beats Clemson and Stanford & Utah both lose a 2nd game (very possible), I think that really opens up the possibility of a conference getting 2 teams in the playoff, mostly likely the B1G or Big XII.

Notre Dame is the X factor. Its schedule is plenty strong down the stretch (@ Temple, @ Pitt, @ Stanford). If the Irish finish 11-1 they'll have a legit case to be selected, especially if Clemson continues to roll.

Assuming the loser finishes 11-1, I don't think the loser of MSU/OSU is out of it as long as it's a close game. Too many things can happen in the following 2 weeks. Agree that it would be difficult for the loser to make it, but MSU would still have a shot to get to the B1G title game if Michigan knocked off OSU, creating a 3-way B1G East tie. If Florida State beats Clemson and Stanford & Utah both lose a 2nd game (very possible), I think that really opens up the possibility of a conference getting 2 teams in the playoff, mostly likely the B1G or Big XII.

Notre Dame is the X factor. Its schedule is plenty strong down the stretch (@ Temple, @ Pitt, @ Stanford). If the Irish finish 11-1 they'll have a legit case to be selected, especially if Clemson continues to roll.

We can pencil in Stanford v Utah Pac 12 champ as in. Stanford still has Oregon and Cal, Utah still has UCLA and Arizona. Neither have an easy route. But if either wins out, they are in for sure. Florida St can only make it by beating Clemson, but don't count on it. Clemson in. LSU can make it by beating Alabama, which means Tide out. Baylor is done with QB injury and TCU looks shaky. All that said, I don't see anyway 2 from big ten make it. Likely Ohio St defending their title.

We always rip ESPN for picking all SEC...

Stanley Jackson just gave his current top 4 for the CFP

1. Ohio St
2. Clemson
3. Michigan St
4. Iowa

RIGHT. We'll be lucky to get 1 in (since Ohio St and Mich St have looked so shaky).

We'll be lucky to get 1 in (since Ohio St and Mich St have looked so shaky).

As long as Iowa keeps rolling, find it hard to see B1G getting left out. If it's a 12-0 Iowa vs. a 12-0/11-1 Michigan State/Ohio State, I like the winner's chances. Though still unlikely, like the odds of 2 from the B1G getting in a lot more than 0.

Ohio State is starting to look like we expected them to, and Sparty has gutted out a perfect record despite key injuries to its DB and OL, and now is getting healthier. Now they get a bye week and key players (Allen, Hicks, London) are expected to return in time for the Nebraska game. Getting Allen back is especially huge because they have to run the ball better. My guess is Sparty's best football is ahead of them, but will it be enough to knock off OSU?

As long as Iowa keeps rolling, find it hard to see B1G getting left out. If it's a 12-0 Iowa vs. a 12-0/11-1 Michigan State/Ohio State, I like the winner's chances. Though still unlikely, like the odds of 2 from the B1G getting in a lot more than 0.

Ohio State is starting to look like we expected them to, and Sparty has gutted out a perfect record despite key injuries to its DB and OL, and now is getting healthier. Now they get a bye week and key players (Allen, Hicks, London) are expected to return in time for the Nebraska game. Getting Allen back is especially huge because they have to run the ball better. My guess is Sparty's best football is ahead of them, but will it be enough to knock off OSU?

Well as always (and in BBALL), it all depends on everyone else as well. I'm not sure Iowa will be undefeated going into BIG championship, but even a 1 loss Iowa team that beats Mich St or Ohio St would deserve to go. Let's see how quickly Baylor and TCU lose and we can decide now. Best looking team so far is Clemson followed by LSU in my opinion.

Top Bottom