Top 20 Golden Gophers All-Time?

Add Townsend Orr to the sentimental favorites list.

Under What Could Have Been: Joel Przybilla

What about Jim Peterson? Bud Grant? Winfield?

My All Time Starting Five from those mentioned

PG Bobby Jackson
SG Ray Williams
SF Lou Hudson
PF Jim Brewer
C. Mychal Thompson

That might be too many 'go-to' guys on the floor at the same time so I might have to add a few ready to come in off the bench at a moments notice.

Coffee and 3 Monson players - Dusty Arob & Vincent

Daryl Mitchell deserves a mention. He was may favorite player on the '82 team.

Probably deserves more than a mention as he pretty much single-handedly won the game at Iowa that gave the Gophers the BT Championship.

Someone brought up Lindsey Wahlen. If you consider a Gopher who had the largest impact on their team and program she would be at the top of the list.

Sorry, I don't trust you. I saw them both, and Lou Hudson is right there with Mychal if not ahead slightly. Only reason his numbers aren't closer is freshmen weren't eligible when he played, and he broke his shooting hand halfway through his senior year. Still scored consistently in double figures with a cast on it. His junior year he was unbelievable. Our problem was Michigan had the Cazzie Russell teams at the same time and we just couldn't get by them to get into the tournament..

At least you picked Lou. I'll trust you on this one.;)

Not sure why but Alonzo Skanes is a sentimental favorite of mine. I never saw Hudson play. Thompson was the best I saw play.

Top Bottom