Tomorrow We get Another Chance

60's Guy

Reaction score
Tomorrow I saw lots of good things in the Missouri game. That is 100% the most dominating we have looked under Ben. Yes, we shot lights out to start and that won't always happen.
But we have multiple guys who can make you stand up and cheer. Lots of guys to root for.
Tomorrow we get another opportunity to get back on the horse and forget the last 10 minutes vs Missouri.
Garcia is truly an All Big 10 candidate.
Ola Joseph is a tough, strong, quick aggressive performer with hops.
Ihnen is our best perimeter defender. Maybe our best 3 point shooter? He looks comfortable and offers pleasant surprises. Great to see him playing.
Hawkins is quick, he attacks, he can make things happen and his 3's are going in.
Carrington has more grit than I gave him credit for. I think he'll find his shot eventually. He has been doing a lot of little things really well.
Christie is the best freshman we have had in several years. He'll have big nights.
Mitchell will hit 3's
Parker Fox has leadership, hops and surprises you with quick good plays.
Payne looked great around the basket. I mean great! Eventually, hopefully he plays there.

So we got 9 guys who can all contribute. We can be competitive. We are absolutely improved.
How much? Time will tell but we got some fun guys!

We definitely have a team. Hopefully the coach can figure game management out.

60’sGuy I agree, and I am what this group would consider a CBJ defender. That Missouri loss was a PLAYER loss not a coaching loss. Carrington misses front end 1-1. Hawkins drives into a wall. Ref calls 10-sec violation when it was actually 7.5 sec. Mitchell misses a long two off balance with no one else touching the ball in the possession. Christie misses two crucial shots while Hawkins on the bench (for some reason). Energy leader Fox on bench while Gophers appear in energy slow down and attempt to kill clock. Odd. Regardless, the players on the floor clearly blew it. Did CBJ put those guys in a position to fail- yes. However, this early he also put them in position to perform and grow under the microscope. Sadly, the guys were so unaccustomed to leading against a P5 opponent they shat the bed. Will Mitchell and Christie be wrecked for the year? No. Will Garcia become more vocal and demanding as an upper classman? Hope so. They will realise that rolls need to be played moving forward. This team can win 10 BTN games! Mizzou was dominated for 30 minutes by a MN team we are unaccustomed to seeing play well. I realise there will be a lot of dissent to this post, but we are dealing with 20-yr old kids who will be inconsistent. Its early, and I can assure you that this loss killed me as much as the NW football collapse! MN fans know…

Tomorrow I saw lots of good things in the Missouri game. That is 100% the most dominating we have looked under Ben. Yes, we shot lights out to start and that won't always happen.
But we have multiple guys who can make you stand up and cheer. Lots of guys to root for.
Tomorrow we get another opportunity to get back on the horse and forget the last 10 minutes vs Missouri.
Garcia is truly an All Big 10 candidate.
Ola Joseph is a tough, strong, quick aggressive performer with hops.
Ihnen is our best perimeter defender. Maybe our best 3 point shooter? He looks comfortable and offers pleasant surprises. Great to see him playing.
Hawkins is quick, he attacks, he can make things happen and his 3's are going in.
Carrington has more grit than I gave him credit for. I think he'll find his shot eventually. He has been doing a lot of little things really well.
Christie is the best freshman we have had in several years. He'll have big nights.
Mitchell will hit 3's
Parker Fox has leadership, hops and surprises you with quick good plays.
Payne looked great around the basket. I mean great! Eventually, hopefully he plays there.

So we got 9 guys who can all contribute. We can be competitive. We are absolutely improved.
How much? Time will tell but we got some fun guys!
Great we can get back in the horse tomorrow and exorcise those demons

Last edited:

60’sGuy I agree, and I am what this group would consider a CBJ defender. That Missouri loss was a PLAYER loss not a coaching loss. Carrington misses front end 1-1. Hawkins drives into a wall. Ref calls 10-sec violation when it was actually 7.5 sec. Mitchell misses a long two off balance with no one else touching the ball in the possession. Christie misses two crucial shots while Hawkins on the bench (for some reason). Energy leader Fox on bench while Gophers appear in energy slow down and attempt to kill clock. Odd. Regardless, the players on the floor clearly blew it. Did CBJ put those guys in a position to fail- yes. However, this early he also put them in position to perform and grow under the microscope. Sadly, the guys were so unaccustomed to leading against a P5 opponent they shat the bed. Will Mitchell and Christie be wrecked for the year? No. Will Garcia become more vocal and demanding as an upper classman? Hope so. They will realise that rolls need to be played moving forward. This team can win 10 BTN games! Mizzou was dominated for 30 minutes by a MN team we are unaccustomed to seeing play well. I realise there will be a lot of dissent to this post, but we are dealing with 20-yr old kids who will be inconsistent. Its early, and I can assure you that this loss killed me as much as the NW football collapse! MN fans know…

Players didn't make shots or plays down the stretch......but Johnson dictated offense gameflow. Everybody had a hand in that collapse and Johnson is absolutely culpable.

Players didn't make shots or plays down the stretch......but Johnson dictated offense gameflow. Everybody had a hand in that collapse and Johnson is absolutely culpable.
Agreed. Tomorrow these kids need to come out and dominate for 40 minutes with no letdown. Ben needs to encourage them to crush every opponent that comes along. Coach em up in practice and then let them play.

I don’t excuse tve coach. Really, I find a coach can’t do a whole lot there. i think these types of issues or a player leadership’s fault. Really a Captain’s faul. Or whoever drives the team persona. They have to demand more toughness. Somebody needs to step up and make the hard play. Emotions are contagious abd it’s witnessed in sport over and ovwr again.

Is this game only on Peacock tomorrow? That’s super annoying to have nearly every streaming service including a month of BTN+ and still not be able to watch this game.

Is this game only on Peacock tomorrow? That’s super annoying to have nearly every streaming service including a month of BTN+ and still not be able to watch this game.
Plenty of open seats in the Barn...

Agreed. Tomorrow these kids need to come out and dominate for 40 minutes with no letdown. Ben needs to encourage them to crush every opponent that comes along. Coach em up in practice and then let them play.
Agree with this.

Gophers have talent, but badly need to develop an “edge”. Bury the opponent, step on their throat, when you have the chance. … good opponent or bad. That didn’t happen Thursday night, and they got burned.

Make it a habit.

I have been one of few here who was optimistic going into this season. I felt that the NIT was the expectation. And thus far my optimism has been warranted. Sure the guys stunk it up the last 10 minutes against Mizzou but have been solid up to that point. Lots of very exciting stuff going on.

The guys will learn from the meltdown and keep on improving. If they can play like they did for 30 minutes against Mizzou then a NCAA bid is a possibility.

Excited to watch them again today.

Sure the guys stunk it up the last 10 minutes against Mizzou but have been solid up to that point. Lots of very exciting stuff going on.

Most of the media predicted this team would finish in last place and some posters on this board predicted last place and are sticking to it. They look better than a last place team to me but I will say this based on the evidence so far: this team may be the worst second half team in the conference.

Sometimes I should ‘exercise’ the restraint of pen and tongue, but alas, just was not able to.
Please feel free to give me grief; yours is good natured because you’re an erudite, cool dude who doesn’t need to resort to childish name calling to belittle others.

I’m tougher than I post 🥴

Agree with this.

Gophers have talent, but badly need to develop an “edge”. Bury the opponent, step on their throat, when you have the chance. … good opponent or bad. That didn’t happen Thursday night, and they got burned.

Make it a habit.
Learn to win.

Top Bottom