Tom Powers: Pitino, Gophers fans have long-term lease for honeymoon suite

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Powers:

Tuesday's game against the Hawkeyes probably was one of the more entertaining contests in Pitino's emerging coaching career. He really is a young coach. Heck, the Gophers have had to vacate more victories over the years than Pitino has under his belt. His guys were in fine form against Iowa, winning 95-89, except for a bit of a rough patch in the middle of the first half.

I think everyone is happy with how this is going. Nothing but good stuff here. In fact, I don't envision an undesirable observation being made over the next three years.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_25228478/tom-powers-pitino-gophers-fans-have-long-term

Go Gophers!!

per Powers:

Tuesday's game against the Hawkeyes probably was one of the more entertaining contests in Pitino's emerging coaching career. He really is a young coach. Heck, the Gophers have had to vacate more victories over the years than Pitino has under his belt. His guys were in fine form against Iowa, winning 95-89, except for a bit of a rough patch in the middle of the first half.

I think everyone is happy with how this is going. Nothing but good stuff here. In fact, I don't envision an undesirable observation being made over the next three years.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_25228478/tom-powers-pitino-gophers-fans-have-long-term

Go Gophers!!
What a Classic Minnesotan sarcastic tongue in cheek say nothing article after a big win for the program.... Pure classic mpls fishwrap bullsh1t.

What a Classic Minnesotan sarcastic tongue in cheek say nothing article after a big win for the program.... Pure classic mpls fishwrap bullsh1t.

But Deep Insider, this is a very timely article and I'm positive he got his material from GopherHole.

I read Powers article earlier today. I had to shake my head and try figure out how he could take a solid win by the Gophers and make it into an article about Tubby Smith. How does a sane sports writer do that???

Didn't you say the same thing about Reusse's article? I agree in this case.

Didn't you say the same thing about Reusse's article? I agree in this case.
I did, tongue firmly in cheek thus the ;) ... It was ironic that I posted what I did here and the next article was very positive....

I cannot believe it, but I actually agree with Powers on this. Maybe bad timing, but what he wrote was pretty much spot on. Most fans are too quick to blame the prior regime if things go wrong, and too quick to anoint the new staff as the next Izzo or Pitino, Sr when things go well. If anyone says anything leaning too far one way or the other, they get blasted.

I cannot believe it, but I actually agree with Powers on this. Maybe bad timing, but what he wrote was pretty much spot on. Most fans are too quick to blame the prior regime if things go wrong, and too quick to anoint the new staff as the next Izzo or Pitino, Sr when things go well. If anyone says anything leaning too far one way or the other, they get blasted.

This is exactly the problem the board is having. Members are firmly behind Coach P., but a number of the more prolific posters, express extreme displeasure that all do not share their same schoolgirl like crush. Coach P. is certainly not expecting his supporters to toss their underwear to him every time he walks past.

Top Bottom