Tom Parish Article

Thanks for the link Golden22. It looks quite encouraging based on the comments from his father.

Don't forget - it's Tim Brewster that treats Wisconsin like in-state recruiting!

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like he is in the bag. He has two offers, and he is looking at making his decision in the next week or two. He loves Minnesota. All that adds up to a commit!

I'm encouraged to hear about how the players are responding to Fisch and his coaching skills.

Sounds like he is in the bag. He has two offers, and he is looking at making his decision in the next week or two. He loves Minnesota. All that adds up to a commit!

I'm encouraged to hear about how the players are responding to Fisch and his coaching skills.

I agree. Sounds like it's almost a done deal (or as close to a done deal as is possible when it comes to recruiting!!!:p). In any case, it's pretty obvious the Gophers are his leader and that he's close to committing. Here's to it happening sooner rather than later!!!:)

From the sounds of this article, it appears as if UW is starting to cool on him.

If we are only going to take 1 QB this year and this early in the recruiting process don't we want to set our sights a little higher than this kid.

It seems like he passes the smell test. He comes at a year where if he doesn't pan out it won't hurt us much if at all. Plus it helps in the midwest recruiting domination that we'll need. A wisonsin, minnesota, and Iowa recruit has added value.

If we are only going to take 1 QB this year and this early in the recruiting process don't we want to set our sights a little higher than this kid.

Yea, your right, lets wait on a diamond in the rough, who just recently started to get national attention and looks to be a top notch 3 star QB. Lets wait until other people catch on to reel him in and we have to compete against those schools. When you know its a good thing, you go for it apparently. In my book, a kid who is getting articles written about him on a national level and has offers from Iowa and Wisconsin (according to rivals after the article was written) seems like a good one to take a chance with. What do you want Brew to do, go out of region and waste his time competing with those region's local schools???????

Good to see your negativity back on the board, where have you been? your depression relapse??

Given the quality of recruits Brw has brought in the past couple of years, I think he deserves a little trust on this, don't you? Besides, who is to say Brew is only going to sign one QB. One year Mason signed 6.

He was one of the first 4 QBs that the staff offered this year, that would indicate they seem to see something in him.

It's pretty amazing if the BADgers aren't leading for a kid they "start to cool on him"!

It's pretty amazing if the BADgers aren't leading for a kid they "start to cool on him"!

Even if they did "cool on him," how could that not be recognized as a good thing, given UW's complete inability to recruit or develop a great QB despite 15 years of being in the national spotlight?

Even if they did "cool on him," how could that not be recognized as a good thing, given UW's complete inability to recruit or develop a great QB despite 15 years of being in the national spotlight?

touche

There is question as to whether or not he actually has those offers. The MOD at GI.com is the only one that seems to think he has those offers and is the one that changed the offer list on rivals. If he did have two more D1 offers I can guarantee that Wisfootball.net(high school sports website) would have reported it by now because the guy who runs that site is pretty tied into the high school scene and usually is the first to report these types of things.

The Badgers have not cooled on him. There are 3 QB's in Wisconsin this year with legitimate D1 talent and the coaching staff asked them to come to camp so they can evaluate them more closely and then decide who to offer. The kids said they would do that and that was the story. It would not preclude anyone from deciding not to go to camp or from accepting an offer from someone else.

Everyone really should relax about these offers and commitments. It is April for crying out loud and kids can't sign for 10 months. If he commits to the Gophers and does not want to come to the UW camp and compete with the other two kids, so be it. It is possible the Badgers want him. They have not made that decision.

Here are Tom's stats by the way for those interested

Passing G COMP ATTPS COMP% YDS YPA YPG TDS INT
Parish, Tom 14 50 89 56.2 794 15.9 56.7 9 7

Rushing G CAR YDS YPC YPG TDS
Parish, Tom 14 87 583 6.7 41.6 8

There is question as to whether or not he actually has those offers. The MOD at GI.com is the only one that seems to think he has those offers and is the one that changed the offer list on rivals. If he did have two more D1 offers I can guarantee that Wisfootball.net(high school sports website) would have reported it by now because the guy who runs that site is pretty tied into the high school scene and usually is the first to report these types of things.

was just reading up on this in a pyschology book. apparently, the first stage of wisconsin "cooling on a guy" is: Stage 1 - DENIAL

this is what jwill535 seems to be going through right now. ;)

All I am asking for is a link to a story or quote from him saying that they have offered. I couldnt care less and in fact would be happy for the kid to get an offer from a school he grew up cheering for but with that said the only person who says that he has those offers is that MOD.

Here are Tom's stats by the way for those interested
Passing G COMP ATTPS COMP% YDS YPA YPG TDS INT
14 50 89 56.2 794 15.9 6.7 9 7

I'm not taking a shot at the kid here ... I'm sure he's a very good player ... but 89 attempts in 14 games (6 passes per game) and 7 picks aren't the greates numbers I've ever seen. Just an observation ...

Which is why they wanted him to come to camp and show off his skill.

I'm not taking a shot at the kid here ... I'm sure he's a very good player ... but 89 attempts in 14 games (6 passes per game) and 7 picks aren't the greates numbers I've ever seen. Just an observation ...

He'll have a shot at proving himself against other QBs and work on his passing at the regional Elite 11 qualifying camps he was invited to this summer.

All I am asking for is a link to a story or quote from him saying that they have offered. I couldnt care less and in fact would be happy for the kid to get an offer from a school he grew up cheering for but with that said the only person who says that he has those offers is that MOD.

Okay, I get it. You live and die for Brewster to recruit kids with Rivals stars so the Gophers can have their class be highly ranked by them, but in other aspects of Rivals you don't believe what they post. Nice.:pig:

You're pretty much missing the point. The point was that the only person claiming he has offers from Iowa and Wisconsin is the MOD from GI.com. You would think that the a writer from the Iowa site or the Wisconsin site or even the editor of Wisfootball.net(who is more plugged into Wisconsin high school football then anyone). Like I said I would be happy for him that he got those offers, I am just skeptical until I see it in writing.

I am a little confused so if someone can help me out that would be great. In his Rival's profile it indicates he has offers from MN, WI, IA and W MI. Are they not checked as offers because the MODs for WI, IA, etc. have said they have an offer? Who marks it as "offered"? Is that the MN MOD?

Any of the MOD's from any site can change the offer list of a kid. Generally though you(according to the UW MOD) you call the the MOD from a site before you add offers from that school just to make sure you are hearing correctly. The offer list on Rivals can be like Wikipedia to some point.

Any of the MOD's from any site can change the offer list of a kid. Generally though you(according to the UW MOD) you call the the MOD from a site before you add offers from that school just to make sure you are hearing correctly. The offer list on Rivals can be like Wikipedia to some point.

Thanks for the reply. So that means that if the information was not correct the MODs from those schools could go in an change it at any time. Therefore I will take it as he must have those offers or the WI, IA, and W MI MODs would change that information, right?

From what I was told, until they have concrete information he(UW Mod) doesnt change offer pages. They have tried to get ahold of Parish for an interview with no luck. But according to his source with in the team as of earlier this week Tom did not have an offer from UW just interest.

From what I was told, until they have concrete information he(UW Mod) doesnt change offer pages. They have tried to get ahold of Parish for an interview with no luck. But according to his source with in the team as of earlier this week Tom did not have an offer from UW just interest.

I can't believe you guys are still over here with the "we didn't offer him, your mod is making things up" crap. This is worse than the normal we cooled on him crap that I'm used to hearing when a recruit goes elsewhere.

Top Bottom