Tom Izzo: Ben's done an unbelievable job with the program, they could be the #1 team in the league next season.

Yah I'm sure Izzo likes CBJ as a person, I feel like everyone does but come on what's he going to say? I'd note that he isn't out here praising Painter and Underwood, hmm I wonder why.

Izzo is always pretty gracious in post game interviews.

But he knows just like the rest of us that speculation on next year's team is stupid until you actually know who is on next year's team.

We will need to score some significant talent from the Portal and keep our core here in order to be a top 5 player in the B1G next season. With NIL there is no consensus top team for next year. All we have is...who will spend the most money on free agency?!
College sports is no longer about a student athlete. It's really quite sad. It's time for Universities to create a "minor league" system with a high school draft and then fill the roster with a salary cap and contracted players.

Yah I'm sure Izzo likes CBJ as a person, I feel like everyone does but come on what's he going to say? I'd note that he isn't out here praising Painter and Underwood, hmm I wonder why.
You really think Izzo doesn't praise Painter and Underwood lol

If everyone returns next year, we should be very good.
Why?
Why would the same group that finished below .500 and got schooled in the tournament be "very good" next year?

Simply because they are a year older? So will everyone coming back at every other B1G school. Every other team can add recruits and transfers too.

"We'll improve, just because, but nobody else will" is such shallow thinking.

Izzo has the same spiel regarding Tubby and Richard...
No he didn't. Because Tubby & Richard never had a .500 Big Ten team with everyone scheduled to return.

Well Tubby did once...but that's a terrible story I don't want to rehash now.

Why?
Why would the same group that finished below .500 and got schooled in the tournament be "very good" next year?
Simply because they are a year older? So will everyone coming back at every other B1G school.
I'm sure Hall, Hoggard, and Walker will be very good next year for MSU

such a kidder, good sense of humor. probably going to retire.

Why?

Simply because they are a year older? So will everyone coming back at every other B1G school. Every other team can add recruits and transfers too.

It likely wont be. Everyone likes to bring up Nebraska as a comparison for next year and the jump they've made, but they added 3 new starters in the portal. This same roster would need to make a huge leap to make the tournament.

Why?

Simply because they are a year older? So will everyone coming back at every other B1G school.

Usually a .500 conference team loses a key starter. We're scheduled to return everyone...including our bench. We have 3 starters who just played their first year of Big Ten basketball. This team clearly should improve.

Plus Ben can still add a transfer.

It likely wont be. Everyone likes to bring up Nebraska as a comparison for next year and the jump they've made, but they added 3 new starters in the portal. This same roster would need to make a huge leap to make the tournament.
Nebraska's top scorer is a senior.

And he was on the team the year before.

He's not wrong. There is a greater than 0% chance we are the #1 team next year. It's probably really close to zero, but the chance is greater than 0.

About as likely as the half time performer dropping an ironing board while doing the nae nae. So yeah—basically 0%. #TylerBalancingShit

Usually a .500 conference team loses a key starter. We're scheduled to return everyone...including our bench. We have 3 starters who just played their first year of Big Ten basketball. This team clearly should improve.

You’re assuming growth and improvement are guaranteed. They COULD improve. They also were healthy much of the year and several players may have played their best possible basketball. The likelihood of them all improving is the same or less than some guys regressing.

I hope everyone is back so we can see what Ben and his same staff (somehow they all get to return) do next year. Will be telling either way.

Who wants to tell him we aren't a .500 conference team?

Top Bottom